acer xb271hu lost signal

Options
Emantra
Emantra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
every time I close my computer there is a message on my screen that says lost signal . can someone help me

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is normal. By default when you close the computer the video is turned off and the computer goes to sleep. Which computer do you have and what OS is running on it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Emantra
    Emantra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i have an i5 8600k - rtx 2080 - 16gb ram - and windows 10 64bit version 2004.
    when i close my computer my screen immediately says lost signal, and my computer takes about 30 seconds to close

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    So those specs sound like a desktop rather than a laptop. I am assuming when you say "close my computer" you mean shutdown then, rather than closing the lid. When you ask the computer to shut down various things happen, each open program is asked to quit and each piece or hardware is told to turn off. When the display is told to turn off you should get a message on the monitor saying there is no signal, which is what you are seeing. The time the system takes to fully turn off is dependent on how fast all those programs quit. Some can take quite some time and I think that is why you're seeing shutdown times of 30 seconds.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.