Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Jenwa167
Jenwa167 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My Bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my laptop (I was using my Bluetooth headphones, left the screen for half an hour and when I came back it was't working), I have tried running the troubleshooter it says Bluetooth not available. I have tried to install BT driver from the Acer website and the Intel Windows 10 Bluetooth driver but it hasn't worked.

I have also tried following all the steps here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-missing-from-device-manager-and-services/07ec6bb5-9be3-4c9d-b057-ce02a2f86979 - I am having the same issue as this person was - Bluetooth does not appear in the Device manager window and when I click 'show hidden icons' and right click on Bluetooth it only has the options 'scan for hardware changes or properties'. I'm stuck! Please can you advise?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on? If yes, click SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date/time stamp about the same time that you left the screen for half an hour and came back to find Bluetooth had disappeared? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• icashootnstar
    icashootnstar Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem and Microsoft is telling me that Acer has to update the Bluetooth driver!
  • Jenwa167
    Jenwa167 Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Bluetooth suddenly came back again the next day! Not sure if it was due to any if the troubleshooting or just random. Hope you get it sorted.
  • lazyturtle
    lazyturtle Member Posts: 3 New User
    same exact problem here and bluetooth also randomly came back
    anyone found a real solution to this? As ive had this happen multiple times now please let me know if there is a fix.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Press F3 key or Fn & F3 key together, see if that activates BT, as this step is appropriate for other computers.  
  • Mattpro
    Mattpro Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Shut down then start up again. A Restart won't do it. You really have to shut down. Then Bluetooth will appear as normal.