Need to download BIOS firmware but I can't find notebook in Drivers and Manuals section

DiegoT
DiegoT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone:

I have an acer aspire 4752 which recently had a BIOS issue and does not startup anymore. An engineer reviewed the mother and told me we need a new BIOS because the current one got corrupted.
So I tried to go into the Drivers and Manuals section to download a BIOS copy. I searched for my notebook from here:

but I can't find it either by model number nor by serial number.
I also tried to download it by category from here:

But when I choose Category: Notebook, Series: Aspire, Model: Aspire 4752 I am redirected to the following page which says model name AS4752 and mine seems to be MS2347:

So my question is how to find the BIOS firmware for my notebook (Aspire 4752-6456) to be sure it will work?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Diego.

Answers

• Have you checked the model in the lower case?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DiegoT
    Hello @egydiocoelho and thanks a lot for your answer. I am not sure if I understand your suggestion, so you mean to search ms2347 instead of MS2347? I so yes, I tried and got not found as well.

Thanks again !
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DiegoT
    Hello again @egydiocoelho and thanks a lot for trying to help.
    Unfortunately I can't run the .exe file because as I said in my original POST, the laptop right now does not startup, that is why I am looking for the BIOS firmware, I was told I need to replace the BIOS since it got corrupted somehow.
  • Can you send a photo of the lower case, which shows the model of the notebook, in this region?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sebaschur
    sebaschur Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same problem, I also have an MS2347 model, happened the same, BIOS crashes at 75% after last windows 10 update, doesn't start anymore. @DiegoT could you solve it, can you share the instructions you followed? @egydiocoelho can you give me any assistance? Thanks!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,694 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    DiegoT said:
    Hi everyone:

I have an acer aspire 4752 which recently had a BIOS issue and does not startup anymore. An engineer reviewed the mother and told me we need a new BIOS because the current one got corrupted.
    So I tried to go into the Drivers and Manuals section to download a BIOS copy. I searched for my notebook from here:

but I can't find it either by model number nor by serial number.
    I also tried to download it by category from here:

But when I choose Category: Notebook, Series: Aspire, Model: Aspire 4752 I am redirected to the following page which says model name AS4752 and mine seems to be MS2347:

So my question is how to find the BIOS firmware for my notebook (Aspire 4752-6456) to be sure it will work?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Diego.

Go here to the Acer "Drivers & Manuals" site for your Aspire 4752: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/3940?b=1 as you have all the BIOS updates there from versions 2.10 to the last version of 1.24, simple. before updating be warned that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution". Also make sure that your model number is exactly the Aspire 4752 look at the backAcer sticker for your model number and its not a different model and/or to find this out in Win-10 go to "Type here to search" > System Information and see System Model and SMBIOS Version for your laptops existing BIOS version installed.