I have an Acer TC105 desktop pc, it now won't work following an interrupted restore which got stuck

Options
Devonish
Devonish Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I initiated a new system restore which got stuck at restoring registries so I shut the computer down. The computer now won't reboot, lights come on but and the screen appears to kick in but nothing appears on screen, not even the Acer logo.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    This seemed to be a real bad case. Windows 10 spends most of the time in registries while restoring from previously stored image file. I just did one such restoration a couple weeks ago. It took like 15-20 minutes in the "restoring registries" with my fastest PC. If your computer is old and slow, I won't be surprise to see it spending 45 minutes or so in restoring registries. It will be good that Windows 10 will provide something like a status bar so people won't think it got stuck there by mistake.
    Something was messing up the hardware already. For the mean time, just hope that it can boot up from a repair disk. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Devonish said:
    I initiated a new system restore which got stuck at restoring registries so I shut the computer down. The computer now won't reboot, lights come on but and the screen appears to kick in but nothing appears on screen, not even the Acer logo.

Firstly and this should be done by everyone, is to always ‘backup your system’ either weekly, monthly etc with a reputable backup software like and what I prefer is the Macrium Reflect v7 with either its WIN-PE boot usb or its “Boot Menu option” which enables direct access to the Macrium Windows PE recovery environment without the need to burn a DVD or USB Flash drive or EaseUS etc this is a must.

Also, try to swap to another monitor as your monitor might be faulty. Another thing, can you get into the bios or can you see the bios? If you can then your monitor is ok and you need to fix other things. In bios change the boot order to usb and put the Win-10 installation usb  and use “Advance Options” to fix your systems e.g. system restore or startup repair as that could be a way to fix this problem.

If that doesn’t work then, your gpu card (if you have a discrete graphics adapter in your TC-105 like the AMD Radeon HD 8470 in it?) or cables might not be plugged in properly or might be faulty, take the gpu card out and boot from the AMD A10-xxxx cpu that has the integrated Radeon HD-xxxxx gpu. Good luck.