Best place for the vacuum cooler?

GJG10
GJG10 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello
I am planning to buy another cooling system (yes a cooling pad and a vacuum cooler) but I'm not sure where is the best air vent to deploy my vacuum cooler. I have Acer Nitro 5 2019 model btw and it has 3 air vents. So, either the air vent near the charging port or the 2 divided air vents behind the laptop (left or right)? 

Thank you in advanced for the answers

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    GJG10 said:
    Hello
    I am planning to buy another cooling system (yes a cooling pad and a vacuum cooler) but I'm not sure where is the best air vent to deploy my vacuum cooler. I have Acer Nitro 5 2019 model btw and it has 3 air vents. So, either the air vent near the charging port or the 2 divided air vents behind the laptop (left or right)? 

First, what is the exact Nitro 5 model e.g. ANxxx-xx etc. the best place to place a “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” is where the main cpu/gpu fan extraction vent outlet hole is, with the “Cooling Pad” you have no choice except to see where most of the Nitro 5 bottom case vent holes are (which and on most, is situated at the top section of the case) and get an appropriate cooler that has fans in those vicinities the pad cooler also sucks the hot air out through those vent holes, simple.

I’ve use and got both but, the “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” is especially good in assisting a faster and an increased suction of hot air from the cpu/gpu but, the “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” on the market are cheap and nasty rubbish from “you know where” as they don’t last long, in my case, the internal fan bearing started to deteriorate (from the heat) and started making a terrible noise and became unusable and I had built a custom one with a much superior fan. Get a good quality suction cooler and/or build a custom one, btw and just as guide, the suction cooler also sucks air out and does not pump air into the cpu/gpu vents, so you have to build it so the fan spins in reverse. Good luck.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    GJG10 said:
    Hello

First, what is the exact Nitro 5 model e.g. ANxxx-xx etc. the best place to place a “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” is where the main cpu/gpu fan extraction vent outlet hole is, with the “Cooling Pad” you have no choice except to see where most of the Nitro 5 bottom case vent holes are (which and on most, is situated at the top section of the case) and get an appropriate cooler that has fans in those vicinities the pad cooler also sucks the hot air out through those vent holes, simple.

I’ve use and got both but, the “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” is especially good in assisting a faster and an increased suction of hot air from the cpu/gpu but, the “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” on the market are cheap and nasty rubbish from “you know where” as they don’t last long, in my case, the internal fan bearing started to deteriorate (from the heat) and started making a terrible noise and became unusable and I had built a custom one with a much superior fan. Get a good quality suction cooler and/or build a custom one, btw and just as guide, the suction cooler also sucks air out and does not pump air into the cpu/gpu vents, so you have to build it so the fan spins in reverse. Good luck.

• GJG10
    GJG10 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    StevenGen said:
    GJG10 said:
    Hello

My nitro's model is AN515-43. Ok thank you for your advise. For short where should I place my vacuum cooler? Beside the charging port or behind the laptop? (See pics) 
  • StevenGen
    GJG10 said:
    StevenGen said:
    GJG10 said:
    Hello

My nitro's model is AN515-43. Ok thank you for your advise. For short where should I place my vacuum cooler? Beside the charging port or behind the laptop? (See pics) 

Put the “Vacuumed Suction Cooler” on the right vent hole (see caption below) and get a laptop cooler that predominantly has a concentration of fans at the upper section of the cooler, where your AN515-43 has its bottom case vents, which the laptop cooler can pump cool air into, simple.