Acer Aspire 7 ubuntu install issue - while installing ubuntu it does not detect ssd.

Options
2»

Answers

• Rooks
    Rooks Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    @Rooks You must press CTRL + S on the MAIN tab of the BIOS.
    Bro i know that my problem is there is no "rst without raid" And "rst with raid" Option in sata mode.. Instead of them there is "optane without raid" And "optane with raid"
  • Rooks

Tinkerer

Options
    See there is no 'rst' option in sata mode
  • Rooks

Tinkerer

Options
    And also in boot options *windows boot manager is not showing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Rooks You must select the AHCI sata mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Preddy
    Preddy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Rooks said:
    See there is no 'rst' option in sata mode
    I am also getting this same option. After I did optane without raid i was not able to boot in windows and had to do a reset
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • itsprajwal
    itsprajwal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

can you say how to do safe partition of the disk before hand and also arrangement of those partitions
  • DanishShaikh
    DanishShaikh Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options

can you say how to do safe partition of the disk before hand and also arrangement of those partitions
    Watch this(Just follow the partition process from this video rest you can follow from my guide mentioned above): https://youtu.be/-iSAyiicyQY?t=202
  • itsprajwal
    itsprajwal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Watch this(Just follow the partition process from this video rest you can follow from my guide mentioned above): https://youtu.be/-iSAyiicyQY?t=202
    i thought it was that simple but there is more better way of creating the partition that makes sense incase in future we need to reformat/reinstall
    check this video
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uXgbF3P2F8&lc=UgzGTHMOJp2LWeVXqC94AaABAg.9QfIO3e7Rks9Qg4jTJnN7j

now i dont know what to follow
  • Rksharma333
    Rksharma333 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello Guys

I recently install Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS with window 11 dual boot. After few hours when I again wanted to boot Ubuntu it showing me error shared in picture. Please help me to solve it. Thanks in advanced. One other thin my secure boot is disable.

Laptop information

Acere aspire 7, 8 Gb Ram, 512 SSD.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

@Rksharma333 What is the exact model? Example AN515-55.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• digitalgalaxy
    digitalgalaxy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I understand that you're trying to install Ubuntu on your Acer Aspire 7 laptop which has an SSD and Windows 10 installed. However, during the installation process, the Ubuntu installer is not detecting your SSD. Here are some steps you can try to proceed further:

1. Check if your SSD is in AHCI mode: Restart your laptop and go to the BIOS settings. Check if your SSD is set to AHCI mode. If it's not, change it to AHCI mode and save the settings. This may help Ubuntu detect your SSD during the installation process.
    2. Disable Secure Boot: In the BIOS settings, disable the Secure Boot feature. This may help Ubuntu detect your SSD during the installation process.
    3. Try different Ubuntu versions: If the above steps don't work, try using a different version of Ubuntu or a different Linux distribution. Some versions may have better support for your SSD.
    4. Check for driver support: Check if your SSD has driver support for Ubuntu. You can search for the manufacturer's website for drivers or search online for community-supported drivers.
    5. Consider using a live USB: You can try booting Ubuntu from a live USB first before installing it on your SSD. This will help you check if Ubuntu can detect your SSD and if it's compatible with your hardware.

I hope these steps help you install Ubuntu on your Acer Aspire 7 laptop.