Is there a customer service complaint contact

SammyJ
SammyJ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Has anyone had any issues with the return of a laptop that’s been repaired?
so, brand new Nitro 5 i7, my 40th birthday present from other half.  got out of box, turned on and some keys double tapped.  Called Acer, told to send in for repair.  Repair apparently done, and they sent back via UPS.  UPS agency driver didn’t deliver and we have CCTV to prove.   Been fighting for two weekS to get help.  Lied to by customer service, been hung up on, accused of lying and the best one “take it up with UPS, not my problem.”  I would take it up with UPS,  that they will only deal with the account holder - Acer.  Now today, after being promised that they’ll send a like for like replacement, they tell me best they can do is a refund. I’m not happy as I cannot get that machine for the same price, as I got it on offer.   To make it worse, my uni work is due in tomorrow, and I have no computer to do it on.  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I will need to redo a years uni, and Acer have refused to help.  Even though my contract is with Acer, not UPS. Disgusting customer service

[thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    Hi @SammyJ

Sorry to hear about your experience. Primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support consultation, or complaints. 

You can also directly send a private message to Acer-Manny with the serial / SNID number of your device so that the concerned team can check the case notes and help you address your concerns. https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • SammyJ
    SammyJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, thanks for the reply.  I just wondered if anyone else had had any issues, or if anyone knew any way of getting in contact with Acer rather than the useless call centre.  
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    SammyJ said:
    Has anyone had any issues with the return of a laptop that’s been repaired?
    so, brand new Nitro 5 i7, my 40th birthday present from other half.  got out of box, turned on and some keys double tapped.  Called Acer, told to send in for repair.  Repair apparently done, and they sent back via UPS.  UPS agency driver didn’t deliver and we have CCTV to prove.   Been fighting for two weekS to get help.  Lied to by customer service, been hung up on, accused of lying and the best one “take it up with UPS, not my problem.”  I would take it up with UPS,  that they will only deal with the account holder - Acer.  Now today, after being promised that they’ll send a like for like replacement, they tell me best they can do is a refund. I’m not happy as I cannot get that machine for the same price, as I got it on offer.   To make it worse, my uni work is due in tomorrow, and I have no computer to do it on.  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I will need to redo a years uni, and Acer have refused to help.  Even though my contract is with Acer, not UPS. Disgusting customer service

[thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
    Hi SammyJ,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

I recommend you to contact your local 
    support channels and ask for assistance with escalating the case.  

Note: If you have support documentation of your case, you can send me a private message with the serial number of your unit, your contact info, and the documentation to have it escalated to your local support, please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that anything will be done or change, we do not have access to any case documentation or make any decisions. This thread will be now closed. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny  

This discussion has been closed.