JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
So now i am totally fed up with this problem that i am facing since the start of the June 2020 and after updating my system to latest Windows 10 version 2004. My laptop is ACER ASPIRE VX 15 running latest build of Windows 10 Home Build 19041.331 Version 2004. My wireless network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x41. Since the start of the June 2020 my network adapter is continuously getting disabled or stopped only when i am playing games. Things i tried:
1. Resetting my drivers to factory version or installing the version provided on my OEM website.
2. Updating the driver version to the latest one.
3. Turning off the power management feature of the Wireless Adapter from Device Manager .
4. I have also RESET my Windows 10 and clean install the windows. When i did this everything worked totally fine for about 10-12 days but now since yesterday the problem is back and i haven't made any changes to the system in this time.
5. Scanning Windows for any corrupt files.
6. Resetting the network settings.
I haven't tried going back to Windows 10 version 1909 though. Also when i searched this issue on the internet i found 2 more people who are facing same issue with the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x41. One is using ACER laptop and other person is on Windows 10 v1909 and still facing the issue. He even tried going back to 2018 version of Windows 10 and still facing this issue.
The weird thing about this issue is it only happens when i am playing some game. Otherwise when i am simply browsing the internet or downloading some file Wi-Fi works totally fine without any interruption. Other thing is when i uninstall the driver and Windows install the required driver again then for that period everything works fine till the next reboot.
I am attaching the Windows Log/Event Viewer Screenshot when this error arises.
Also i wanna mention that in past 2 days i have faced 2 types of BSOD after my Wireless Adapter got crashed or stopped.
2. WFP INVALID OPERATION (i have memory dump file for this BSOD)
Both BSOD happened when i was in between of the game. Both BSOD happened on two different consecutive days.