Acer VG270U Pbmiipx having screen blanking issues

Options
whatauser255
whatauser255 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2020 in Monitors
Hello!
Ever since my monitor first arrived, I have been having an issue with it where the screen would go blank, taking the audio out with it, for a second or two before both comes back. I'm not sure what has been causing this issue, but it's been getting annoying as it's been happening every so often. Along with it is that on certain days, it wouldn't happen at all, while on other days it would happen every so often. I even tried to turn off the FreeSync and Low Input Lag settings, but it would still happen occasionally, no matter what OS I'm running off of (whether it'd be Windows or Linux). Since I only have one computer that's compatible with FreeSync, I'm not sure if this would be replicable since I have a laptop, but it has a Nvidia GPU on-board.
I have tried solutions online where you create a custom resolution with CVT-Reduced timings, but that caused a blank screen for me through DisplayPort, although HDMI worked just fine with it. Another one I tried to do was switch my output to 6 bpc, but that option wasn't available in the Radeon Adrenalin Software on Windows, and didn't look like it was possible to do on Linux.

Answers

• DougAtHome
    DougAtHome Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This happens to me too.  I've had the monitor for about two and a half months.  It doesn't happen frequently enough to show any pattern.  I've checked the connections.  It's connected using HDMI.