Predator PO3-600 - Auto restarting after gaming after awhile.

Mellian
Mellian Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hello!  I got the Predator PO3-600 few months ago, and it was working fine, until I installed a second SSD and moved my comps setup to a different room.  Now the desktop auto-restarts whenever I play a game after awhile. 

At first I thought it was windows updates, as that was coincidentally happening around same time, and disabled it afterwards. Then I thought it was just games running on the new SSD, but ends up doing the same on the SSD that came with the desktop. Maybe it is overheating at the new location?  I give it plenty of venting room... nope. Or combination of. 

Only thing I can think of is overheating triggering a sensor, forcing a restart, as i've had laptops do that. That or made a mistake when installing the second SSD, following the Acer documentation on how to do so to make sure. Now thinking changing the position of second SSD, using its brackets, to maybe open up inside more somehow for air flow. Or maybe there is settings I can change?  Getting really frustrating, and last I need is having this happen while streaming (using old desktop for that).   

All of the fans are working, yet it is always going full power when playing a game. Casing is a bit warm after it does this restart. I have not found another similar issue googling, but hoping by simply asking, will find an answer soon after! :)

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Try running one of the temperature monitoring apps to see what's happening when it shuts down. If it's overheating that should show up with a CPU or GPU temperature up near or above 100C. Where did you install the second SSD? Is it a SATA 2.5" or M.2?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.