Who thinks they are the biggest computer whiz? Because I got one for you.

Kujinata
Kujinata Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Vital info (The video card Rx 580 8gbd5-3dhdv2/oc and the Pc nitro n50-600) I’ve got 2 computers, both have entirely functional parts. My newer pc (the nitro) has a gpu (mentioned above) that is not being recognized. It should also be noted that the gpu (Mentioned above) works in my nitro previous to today. I switched the gpus in the pcs and it works fine like that. This confirms that both gpus work and the pci slots work. I have updated the bios and did a reinstall of windows 10. What is the possible solution to this problem? I have reseated ram and increased the power supply. All cables have been checked. I’m stumped, please help.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Kujinata said:
    Vital info (The video card Rx 580 8gbd5-3dhdv2/oc and the Pc nitro n50-600) I’ve got 2 computers, both have entirely functional parts. My newer pc (the nitro) has a gpu (mentioned above) that is not being recognized. It should also be noted that the gpu (Mentioned above) works in my nitro previous to today. I switched the gpus in the pcs and it works fine like that. This confirms that both gpus work and the pci slots work. I have updated the bios and did a reinstall of windows 10. What is the possible solution to this problem? I have reseated ram and increased the power supply. All cables have been checked. I’m stumped, please help.

First, does the Old Nitro gpu work in your new Nitro N50-600? What is the old Nitro gpu? The Radeon™ RX 580 gpu is not a complicated gpu but it requires certain hardware and software to make it function. Have you got a PSU of at least 500W? the RX580 is a High End Graphics Card that requires a “Load Power Draw” of 185 to 258W and “Idle Power Draw” of 12 to 20W is your board "Load Power Draw" at least 185W? As that is what is recommended for the Radeon™ RX 580 gpu.

My experience with desktop gpu’s that are not recognised is because of either:

1. Inadequate Power or board suitability. Have a look at this “Power Consumption of PC Components in Watts” article here: http://www.buildcomputers.net/power-consumption-of-pc-components.html or check the power leads from the PSU.

2. Wrong Software = this card needs the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, there is a new “AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition” here: https://www.amd.com/en/support you must use this software. Note: make sure that all the previous software for the RX580 is uninstalled before installing new software. Also look at the AMD Software help centre here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/driverhelp to learn how to install the software correctly.

3. It needs a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 interface, do you have that on your Nitro N50-600 or is that slot faulty on your mainboard? Is the cards PSU plugs correctly connected and functioning? Powering the card will require one 8-pin and one 6-pin PCIe power connectors.

RX580 connected to mainboard

Powering the card will require one 8-pin and one 6-pin PCIe power connectors.

Its not rocket science to make this card work and as you have pointed out that you have updated the bios, tried the RX580 on anther pc and it works the other pc. Try the probable causes above and see if any of those help.

• Kujinata
    Kujinata Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried it with my other PC and both power supplies. They work fine as long as it’s the other pc. My biggest issue is I’m getting flat out no display. It is plugged in  properly. Other graphics cards work in the slot. It was working just fine until recently.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Kujinata said:
    I have tried it with my other PC and both power supplies. They work fine as long as it’s the other pc. My biggest issue is I’m getting flat out no display. It is plugged in  properly. Other graphics cards work in the slot. It was working just fine until recently.

Let’s get this straight, as its getting confusing! First, what is the exact RX580 card brand? Does it come with a DVI plug? As the “AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Gaming Graphics” does not.

You said “I’m getting flat out no display” which pc is that with? Is it the new Nitro N50-600 with the RX580 plugged in and into a monitor? Is new Nitro N50-600 with the RX580 card plugged in the display or monitor doesn’t get an image? Let’s get this straight.

Does your monitor work with your other old Nitro pc? Because, if it’s a monitor thing then it could be that the monitor pug or the RX580 plug e.g ther DVI plugs (see captions below for the examples) is damaged and not working. Try to use a HDMI plug (if your monitor can accomodate a HDMI plug?) on both and from the RX580 card to the monitor and see if your monitor works with an HDMI cable instead of standard DVI cable. Let us know.

RX580 with DVI plug back panel

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Gaming Graphics without DVI plug, is this the card that you have?

DVI plug                                              HDMI plug