Pc beeps after graphics card update

spirinity
spirinity Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

So I was about to upgrade my Acer Veriton M4620 PC Desktop with a new graphics card which MSI is GT 730 2GB GDDR5, Before choosing the graphics card I was looking for a 300w recommended psu graphics card and found that GT 730 is compatable with 300w psu so I went and bought the card. After I bought the card I installed it on my motherboard and run the pc, the pc boots and my monitor showing the acer logo but after around 20 seconds the motherboard beeps and nothing happened(acer logo still showing), after around another 20 seconds it beeps again for the second time(acer logo still showing), then after around 20 seconds, it beeps for the third time and the screen goes blank. I waited around a minute and there is no more beeps so i i assume there no more beeps codes. I tried reseating my ram and also my graphics card a couple of time now and the results still the same. Does anybody know the solution to this? 

My Pc specs :
Intel I3-3240 3.4ghz (from acer)
6gb of ddr3 ram (i upgraded the 4gb of ram)
Seagate 500gb hard disk(from acer)
300w psu from fsp group inc (from acer)
B75H2-AM motherboard (from acer)

Looking forward for answers.
If theres anything that i need to share to find the solution please tell me down below.
Thanks!

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Recently I had problem with the VGA port of my MSI GT730 graphics card. That caused my PC to do frequent reboots. However, I used this GT 730 card for more than one year, not a new card like your case. Were you using dual monitors for this card? I know one cannot use both HDMI and DVI ports live at the same time for this GT730 card.
    The case that you have seemed to be Acer will not relinquish control from the previous graphics card or on board graphics. I'll try to concentrate on where Acer controls the graphics display, but without the chance of booting up and getting some displays , just cannot do anything. Uh...., still have to think what can be done. Using old graphics to install GT730 driver
    ??? Or is the GT 730 is bad from the beginning???
  • spirinity

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    Recently I had problem with the VGA port of my MSI GT730 graphics card. That caused my PC to do frequent reboots. However, I used this GT 730 card for more than one year, not a new card like your case. Were you using dual monitors for this card? I know one cannot use both HDMI and DVI ports live at the same time for this GT730 card.
    The case that you have seemed to be Acer will not relinquish control from the previous graphics card or on board graphics. I'll try to concentrate on where Acer controls the graphics display, but without the chance of booting up and getting some displays , just cannot do anything. Uh...., still have to think what can be done. Using old graphics to install GT730 driver??? Or is the GT 730 is bad from the beginning???
    I buy a used one actually, so I need to install the driver first before installing the graphics card?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The M4620 was offered for quite a while. Did yours originally come with Windows 7, Windows 7 with upgrade to Windows 8, or Windows 8? Are you booting from a UEFI BIOS or Legacy?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • spirinity

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The M4620 was offered for quite a while. Did yours originally come with Windows 7, Windows 7 with upgrade to Windows 8, or Windows 8? Are you booting from a UEFI BIOS or Legacy?

I think it came with windows 7, Im booting from legacy bios
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    That may be the issue then, a lot of the newer GPUs require a UEFI boot in order to work. You'll either need to back down to an older card design or change to a UEFI boot. I don't know if the latest BIOS will work, Acer describes it as Not For Upgrades.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Since you bought the card used, it may be in a condition similar to my card. I tend to believe the MSI GT 730 card is bad, unless you tested it to be good with another machine. The difference is my card gave good DVI and VGA displays but caused the PC to self-reboot. Driver?  Is still not likely, as Windows gave people a chance to install drivers with a default low resolution mode first. Have you tested all ports on the GT 730 individually?  
    I used the GT 730 on a PC with UEFI BIOS. May be I'll test it with an even older PC that has Legacy BIOS only later(even with a bad VGA port). Got to dig the PC out and set up for it.