next@acer 2020

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Vs Gelid GC extreme

shantanuthakur1shantanuthakur1 Member Posts: 7 New User
Hello
I have a Helios 300 PH315-52 which has CPU overheating issues. I got it cleaned and pasted by Arctic MX-4 under warranty. It is much better now but the problem is not completely solved and CPU throttling is still an issue in Turbo mode. I have decided to repaste it myself with a premium non-conductive thermal paste
I'm confused between the Kryonaut and the GC extreme. I'm actually not able to decide if the Kryonaut is worth the price. For the GC extreme I pay 5.5$ for 2g. Coming to the kryonaut, its 4.5$ only for 1g and the 5.5g tube costs 22$. I wanted to know how often will I have to repaste my laptop if my CPU temps are constantly around 90C while playing modern games? Is it fine if only repaste the CPU often? Is it necessary to repaste the GPU as well when I open the heatsink assembly? Also, I assume laptops don't need as much paste as desktops. Does that mean buying a tube having more than 1g of paste will be a bad idea and that it will expire in my shelf even before I use it completely? I live in a place where room temperature can be more than 35C during summers. I'd really appreciate your opinions because I'm very confused right now.
Thank you.