reply to question by laurent 14

woolyheadwoolyhead Member Posts: 14 New User
Hi laurent 14. I have looked at my menu pop up and it says, from left to right, e, AUTO, page of typing, loudspeaker, input. I can't send a photo of it as I don't have a camera but I'm sure you will recognise this pop up screen from my description. Will this help you tell me how to adjust contrast?

Comments

• woolyheadwoolyhead Member Posts: 14 New User
    The question was sent to me by e mail but the reply I gave was not connected and it failed.
    How did you get my e mail address, Laurent? We aren't supposed to contact other members direct, are we?
  • laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,134 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Firstly I don't know your email address. You have received a notification via email (Acer account) because I posted a message in your topic. About your issue, you should get this OSD menu by pressing key #5:
    As you can see, each key correspond to a function. In your case, you have to press again on the key #5 to get a submenu.
    France
    laurent 14, ok and thank you. Now I've understood. Could you perhaps also explain what the modes are and why we need them?  
    Hello,
    What do you mean by "the modes"?
    France
    Hello,
    What do you mean by "the modes"?
    The monitor's user-handbook refers to modes, laurent 14. I was using that terminology.
    But my main question is this: Is there a hierarchy in the instructions to show which functions head which other functions? When I asked about modes I assumed modes were the top heading but I was wrong. So anyway, when for example would I use the shortcut menu and when use the non short cut ones? I find the user handbook difficult to get to grips with. And I don't think I'm the only one. Could you please explain things a little more clearly than the user handbook does? 
    woolyhead said:
    But my main question is this: Is there a hierarchy in the instructions to show which functions head which other functions? When I asked about modes I assumed modes were the top heading but I was wrong. So anyway, when for example would I use the shortcut menu and when use the non short cut ones? I find the user handbook difficult to get to grips with. And I don't think I'm the only one. Could you please explain things a little more clearly than the user handbook does? 
    I can illustrate what I mean by this, what might be seen as an obscure question, but I don't know how to attach the picture and its text. Is it possible on this forum?
    Hello,
    Yes it is possible with the "attach picture" icon located in the text editor tools:

France
    Thanks, laurent 14.
    One more question please: would it be safe for me to copy a part of the user handbook and annotate it in order to illustrate my questions? I don't want to run foul of copyright law. But in this case I would be sending the copy to a restricted group of people who have a connection with Acer and not publishing it widely or to make a profit from it. So can I have permission to do it, please?