My Acer Nitro 5 needs to be plugged in in order to power on

Options
Zendaia
Zendaia Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought this laptop recently (about a month ago), and I am not having any problems until now. My laptop needs to be plugged in to the charger for it to turn on even though the battery said it was 99%. Do you guys know how to solve this?

Model: AN515-43-R5RQ

Btw, I already tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the battery drivers, but it didn’t work :((.

Answers

• Zendaia
    Options
    Btw, it’s an Acer Nitro 5
  • Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited June 2020
    Options
    First of all try resetting the battery. Shut down, pull off the charger and poke that tiny hole on the right side of the chassis(without removing the lid) for a few seconds. You should feel a tight button depress when applying some pressure. If it still does not work, then do the following.

It is possible that the small black button below the RAM slots is coming up. I have seen similar posts about this and if you are sure that opening the RAM cover won't void the warranty, then there is something you can do.
    Try putting a small strip of tape just covering the button to make sure it remains pressed down when you close the lid. If that's not enough, you might try putting a teeny tiny bit of hard cardboard under the tape. I did this and though I am not sure what my issue was, it stopped happening afterwards
  • Hahaha
    edited June 2020
    Options

see this button in the centre of the image? below the spot where the screw was. This should remain pressed when you close the lid. If you decide to follow this, then make sure to properly shut down first. Because otherwise it will abruptly shut down and you will lose any work you had
  • Zendaia
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for replying but.,
    1) This model does not have a battery reset button
    2) There is no compartment (like the one stated in the picture). I need to remove the whole thing, which I can’t because of the warranty :(
  • Hahaha
    Options
    Zendaia said:
    Hi! Thanks for replying but.,
    1) This model does not have a battery reset button
    2) There is no compartment (like the one stated in the picture). I need to remove the whole thing, which I can’t because of the warranty :(
    oh, I'm sorry in that case. I don't know what to do. But I did see another user who posted recently who doesn't have the button. His post should be there on the 1st or 2nd page. Maybe you can check it out and see if you find anything