BIOS R01.A4 - Acer AXC-704 Support/download page shows incompatible BIOS. Why?

HazeTMHazeTM Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I am told BIOS R01.Ax is NOT upgrade-able to R01.Bx .....then why...

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 17,521 Trailblazer
    There were/are multiple versions of the XC-704, and they used two different motherboards. The A series BIOSes are for one MB, the Bs for another. I believe the difference was between using a mobile or desktop processor, but I'm not positive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joe9844Joe9844 Member Posts: 279 Practitioner
    edited June 2020
    Who told you that it's not compatible?

Actually, the axc-704 and axc-704g share the same bios --- which means that you can flash it to r01-c1 (which is listed in the acer meltdown page).
  • martin_manmartin_man Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Joe9844 said:

Actually, the axc-704 and axc-704g share the same bios --- which means that you can flash it to r01-c1 (which is listed in the acer meltdown page).
    Is there an update R01-C1 for 704 ? where is the link ?
  • martin_manmartin_man Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Joe9844 said:

Is there an update R01-C1 for 704 ? where is the link ?
    Found it here https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support-product/6367?b=1
  • CompuTech1CompuTech1 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

AXC-704G-UW61 hasn't had any driver updates since 2017.  Very basic functionality is permissible, but an upgrade may be advisable. 
  • CompuTech1CompuTech1 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Last BIOS update 2016.