Acer nitro 5 overheating and other problems

Zianthan
Zianthan Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, i bought my acer nitro 5 2 years ago and now i have problems with really slow startup, it takes about 4 minutes :angry: And after that, its still slow for 1-2 minutes and after that i finally can use the laptop... the next problem is the overheating while i playing valorant for example, i have 100% cpu usage, about 80C with coolboost.... and when i calling with my friends while playing valorant, they are lagging so much because that f****** 100%cpu usage. I read same problems here and i think the most people with this problem solved it with thermal paste, because default acer thermal paste is trash. I am asking is there some other way how fix it my problems? I disabled many programs from windows on startup, i optimized windows by many guides but its still slow

Best Answer

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    100% CPU usage? In case disabling non-MS services does not work, the following are the common reasons:-
    1] It is possible that you are infected. Did you try to download anything from fishy sites before this happened? If you have a good antivirus installed, then take some time to run scans. Although this does not always detect malware, it is a start. A partiular, common malware that causes these symptoms is "Segurazo". Sometimes it also shows up as "Santivirus". If anything like this is present in your computer, format the drive. In case you are unsure whether it has installed on multiple drives unknowingly, it is safest to factory reset the entire system(you will lose everything you installed and saved).

2] I have also come across this issue in forum on windows after updating to windows 10 2004. In this case you just need to update or reinstall all drivers through windows update or device manager.

3] Superfetch eating up resources. I admit this is unlikely, assuming you have 8GB or more RAM. But it's just another thing you can try disabling. It's a microsoft service, I think.

3] Does your laptop have SSD? If it was HDD-only, and if it slowed down that much, there might be something amiss with disk health. Again, this is an assumption.

Lastly, Valorant is too new. As a game just released to the public, it is bound to have performance issues with a few devices. We even have games that spent years in beta, then got released and after 4 years randomly having performance problems.

Answers

• What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. Regarding slowness problem, check if the hard disk is 100% in the task manager. Then press windows + r, type msconfig, go to services, hide microsoft services and disable them all. Also do a disk cleanup as an administrator.
    Regarding the temperature problem, I suggest you check these links: Red-Sand ThrottleStop Undervolt Profiles Pre-Made — Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hahaha
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    100% CPU usage? In case disabling non-MS services does not work, the following are the common reasons:-
    1] It is possible that you are infected. Did you try to download anything from fishy sites before this happened? If you have a good antivirus installed, then take some time to run scans. Although this does not always detect malware, it is a start. A partiular, common malware that causes these symptoms is "Segurazo". Sometimes it also shows up as "Santivirus". If anything like this is present in your computer, format the drive. In case you are unsure whether it has installed on multiple drives unknowingly, it is safest to factory reset the entire system(you will lose everything you installed and saved).

2] I have also come across this issue in forum on windows after updating to windows 10 2004. In this case you just need to update or reinstall all drivers through windows update or device manager.

3] Superfetch eating up resources. I admit this is unlikely, assuming you have 8GB or more RAM. But it's just another thing you can try disabling. It's a microsoft service, I think.

3] Does your laptop have SSD? If it was HDD-only, and if it slowed down that much, there might be something amiss with disk health. Again, this is an assumption.

Lastly, Valorant is too new. As a game just released to the public, it is bound to have performance issues with a few devices. We even have games that spent years in beta, then got released and after 4 years randomly having performance problems.
  • Hahaha
    It would be helpful if you posted your CPU model. I have seen people running 8th gen U-series processor, 8GB RAM, 900-series card have this kind of trouble with services like discord call while playing the games.
  • Zianthan
    Napište svůj komentář Hahaha řekl:
    Bylo by užitečné, kdybyste zveřejnili svůj model CPU. Viděl jsem, jak lidé provozující procesor 8. generace U-řady, 8GB RAM, kartu 900 mají tento druh problémů se službami, jako je discord volání při hraní her.
    Mám I5 7300HQ 2,5 GHz TB 3,5 GHz
  • Hahaha
    Zianthan said:
    Hello, i bought my acer nitro 5 2 years ago and now i have problems with really slow startup, it takes about 4 minutes :angry: And after that, its still slow for 1-2 minutes and after that i finally can use the laptop... the next problem is the overheating while i playing valorant for example, i have 100% cpu usage, about 80C with coolboost.... and when i calling with my friends while playing valorant, they are lagging so much because that f****** 100%cpu usage. I read same problems here and i think the most people with this problem solved it with thermal paste, because default acer thermal paste is trash. I am asking is there some other way how fix it my problems? I disabled many programs from windows on startup, i optimized windows by many guides but its still slow
    When does the 100% CPU usage happen? Is it always like that? Or is it while playing Valorant only?
  • Zianthan
    Hahaha said:
    Zianthan said:
    When does the 100% CPU usage happen? Is it always like that? Or is it while playing Valorant only?
    yeah, i think, i didn't see this problem in other games, btw loading is much better, i don't know how, but when i plug off the HDD and then i plug in, i turn on the laptop and startup was much faster than before