Old AX1430d30u..

Courtissy
Courtissy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Found in my storage shed and decided totake it on as a project. It needs ram vedio wifi bluetooth u name it .. so im looking for suggestions.  Any ideals ?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    I don't have specs on the D30U SKU but it should be similar for all the AX1430s, though they did also make an AX1430G model with discrete graphics.
    The machines came with Windows 7, Linpus or FreeDOS. They used the AMD E350 processor and the AMD Hudson D1 chipset. DDR3 ram up to 1333 speed with a maximum of 8GB in each of the two slots. It had 10/100 Ethernet onboard and as an option for some SKUs a WiFi card. There is support for two SATA devices, typically a HDD and an ODD. It uses a Flex power supply, so it's tough to get one that's more powerful than the 220W that it came with. The PCIe slots are a single x16 for graphics and a single x1 for anything else. It doesn't have room for a double width GPU though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If you use the machine for light duty things like surfing the internet to pay bills and E-mails, then feel free to do your project. If you want to do something serious, then I would say buying a new technology low end computer is a better idea. Don't forget, Windows 7 is phasing out and in a few years you will find the DDR3 motherboard type of hardware cannot catch up with the mainstream. Nowadays, people are using PCIE 4.0 x4 , PCIE 3.0 x4 type of M.2 NVME SSDs, or 2.5" SATAIII SSD. I suppose you are still using 7200 RPM or 5400 RPM spinning HDD for the old machine. There are big differences between these hardware.