acer X6620G-bios P01.A2. when I add ASUS Mining RX 470 video card , it won't display on my screen!

Options
Ultimate_A
Ultimate_A Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello. My motherboard is <acer X6620G q77h2-ad>. my bios version is P01.A2. when I put ASUS Mining RX 470 Video Card, it won't display anything in my screen, what should I do?
(my bios version won't upgrade to higher version)

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry, the RX470 seems to be notoriously buggy with traditional BIOS mainboards. Some of these Veriton mainboard designs date back to the WinXP era so they are well over a decade old. Sorry, I don't expect any traditional BIOS updates will be available for this desktop that will allow reliable use of this particular adapter. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, since it came with Windows 7, and not done as a downgrade from Windows 8, it has only the Legacy boot mode. None of the newer GPUs will work on a Legacy machine. :( So... Find yourself a nice used mid-range box from later than the release of Windows 10 and upgrade it with the new GPU. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    I don't see any specific reason why the Mining version of the card should have any problems driving the display. Did you purchase the card used? Are you sure it's still good? You are connecting the monitor to the card, right? Onboard ports will be disabled while the card is in place.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ultimate_A

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    I don't see any specific reason why the Mining version of the card should have any problems driving the display. Did you purchase the card used? Are you sure it's still good? You are connecting the monitor to the card, right? Onboard ports will be disabled while the card is in place.
    I tested it with another motherboard the Video Card is working just fine. but with these types of acer motherboards won't work! yes i'm positive that I have The Connections Right. Their must be a solution!
  • billsey
    Options
    Which OS was originally installed on your system? Is there a chance it's in Legacy boot mode instead of UEFI?
  • Ultimate_A

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Which OS was originally installed on your system? Is there a chance it's in Legacy boot mode instead of UEFI?
    originally was windows 7. now I installed windows 10. I have tested the both boot modes. still there is no display!
  • Ultimate_A

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    isn't there any bios update file that you could send for me? I checked acer download center and there wasn't any suitable version after P01.A2.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry, the RX470 seems to be notoriously buggy with traditional BIOS mainboards. Some of these Veriton mainboard designs date back to the WinXP era so they are well over a decade old. Sorry, I don't expect any traditional BIOS updates will be available for this desktop that will allow reliable use of this particular adapter. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, since it came with Windows 7, and not done as a downgrade from Windows 8, it has only the Legacy boot mode. None of the newer GPUs will work on a Legacy machine. :( So... Find yourself a nice used mid-range box from later than the release of Windows 10 and upgrade it with the new GPU. :)