Upgrading Asus Aspire TC-705

Bruh420
Bruh420 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
Hi! I’m planning on upgrading my graphics card on my asus aspire tc-705 to rtx 2060 (I’ve already upgraded once to Phoenix gtx 1050 2gb). I’m currently thinking of Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 MINI ITC OC 6GB https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphics-192-bit-GV-N2060IXOC-6GD/dp/B07M6VMTRQ I’m not quite sure if it will fit, since it’s bigger than the 1050, so does anyone know about the card fitting? If not are there any other RTX 2060 suggestions that would fit? Also I’d need to upgrade to a 500w power supply, so does any 500w fit or do I need a really small or specific one? If you have any recommendations regarding power supply please tell me. 

thanks in advance 

(English isn’t my main language so there are probably some errors) 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Bruh420 !

You should check some questions;

1- if the physical size of the GPU fits physically in the case
    To do so, just check the GPu dimensions and measure internally in your office;

2- check the GPU power requirements to see if it is necessary to change the PSU
    Possibly yes;

3- check the question of internal temperatures;

Furthermore, the hardware set on this computer does not have adequate support for an RTX GPu.
    If it can install, it will be limited.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The power supply is standard ATX, so you have lots of options for your needs. The most likely place to run out of room for the GPU is that front shelf where the HDDs mount. If you have a drive there it'll mean you need a shorter card in order to clear. So, measure twice! :) The 2060 you link is a shorty so I believe it will fit without bumping into the drive tray. Sounds like a fun upgrade. What are your other specs currently? With a fourth gen processor and DDR3 memory you are going to still find some limitations, though if you've upgraded to  SSD that will have made a huge decrease in system load.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bruh420
    billsey said:
    The power supply is standard ATX, so you have lots of options for your needs. The most likely place to run out of room for the GPU is that front shelf where the HDDs mount. If you have a drive there it'll mean you need a shorter card in order to clear. So, measure twice! :) The 2060 you link is a shorty so I believe it will fit without bumping into the drive tray. Sounds like a fun upgrade. What are your other specs currently? With a fourth gen processor and DDR3 memory you are going to still find some limitations, though if you've upgraded to  SSD that will have made a huge decrease in system load.
     I haven't upgraded anything except the graphics card before, so all the other specs are the original ones. Are these limitations fps wise? 
  • Bruh420
    MaClane said:
    Good evening Bruh420 !

You should check some questions;

1- if the physical size of the GPU fits physically in the case
    To do so, just check the GPu dimensions and measure internally in your office;

2- check the GPU power requirements to see if it is necessary to change the PSU
    Possibly yes;

3- check the question of internal temperatures;

Furthermore, the hardware set on this computer does not have adequate support for an RTX GPu.
    If it can install, it will be limited.

If the hardware doesn't really support an RTX graphics card, what would be the best possible graphics card the pc would fully support? (with a possible power supply upgrade)
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Please describe me your hardware:

Processor
    RAM
    And mobo

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There were several TC-705 SKUs with different processors, ranging from a dual core Pentium at the bottom to a 4th gen i5 at the top. Game performance is going to be somewhat gated by the processor, but the HDD will be a bigger draw down. Your best upgrade path is going to depend somewhat on the specs you have now, hence MaClane's questions. You can bump the processor up to a 4th gen i7 as long as you keep the current draw the same as you have now. If you jump to a processor with a larger current draw then you'll also want to upgrade the cooling. For memory you can go as high as 16GB using two 8GB sticks and should get the 1600 speed as it's the fastest your MB supports. You should put the stick in in matched pairs so you get the advantage of dual channel. If it were my machine and I wanted gaming without replacing the base platform, I'd do SSD first, memory to at least 8GB only if currently at 4GB or less, CPU only if under i5, GPU and PSU last. So if you are currently at i3-4130 4GB with no GPU I'd swap to a SSD and convert the HDD to data storage, bump the processor to an i7-4700, take the memory to 8GB and put the GPU you selected in along with a 500W power supply. If you are currently an i5-4440 with 8GB of ram and a GT705 GPU I'd just upgrade the GPU and PSU. Then I'd save the rest of my money for a new system in a year or so... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FeDoR88
    FeDoR88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bruh420 said:
    Hi! I’m planning on upgrading my graphics card on my asus aspire tc-705 to rtx 2060 (I’ve already upgraded once to Phoenix gtx 1050 2gb). I’m currently thinking of Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 MINI ITC OC 6GB https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphics-192-bit-GV-N2060IXOC-6GD/dp/B07M6VMTRQ I’m not quite sure if it will fit, since it’s bigger than the 1050, so does anyone know about the card fitting? If not are there any other RTX 2060 suggestions that would fit? Also I’d need to upgrade to a 500w power supply, so does any 500w fit or do I need a really small or specific one? If you have any recommendations regarding power supply please tell me. 

thanks in advance 

(English isn’t my main language so there are probably some errors) 

The RX is for me the best option, the performance / price is very good and you will not have problems with games that require high performance, in CSGO it works very well.