Upgrade SSD on Swift 3 SF314-54-59LJ

Phan
Phan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I bought the Swift 3 SF314-54-59LJ with 128 GB SSD on it. I am planning to buy another M.2 SSD to replace the one I already have.
Does my laptop support M.2 NVME or only M.2 SATA 3, is there anyway I can know it?
NVME is about 3 times faster than SATA 3 so I am looking to replace my SSD with a 1 TB M.2 NVME, does my laptop support it with full speed?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, you can replace the M.2 SSD with a NVMe SSD, another member has installed a 1TB NVMe SSD, so you are safe to install a 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/574087/acer-swift-3-sf314-54-m-2-ssd-and-ram-upgrades
  • LordBroly
    LordBroly Member Posts: 3 New User
    Phan said:
    Hi,

I bought the Swift 3 SF314-54-59LJ with 128 GB SSD on it. I am planning to buy another M.2 SSD to replace the one I already have.
    Does my laptop support M.2 NVME or only M.2 SATA 3, is there anyway I can know it?
    NVME is about 3 times faster than SATA 3 so I am looking to replace my SSD with a 1 TB M.2 NVME, does my laptop support it with full speed?

Thanks in advance.

Hey

I too have this model, did you go through with the NVme option or the SATA 3 option? Let me know thanks. Also do you know if its possible to install HDD bay in that large open space "above the battery and to the left of the fan", it has a metalic base. Some other models apparently allow it but i cant seem to find any guidance on our model.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    You should be able to put a drive in there. You likely will need the cable, 450.0E70A.0011 or 450.0E70A.0001, the bracket, 60.GXKN1.002, and screws, 4-M2x3.5mm and 4-M3x4mm.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.