In Acer Nitro 5, will upgrading the ram cause the warranty void? In India.

Options
ashish159
ashish159 Member Posts: 3 New User
I am getting a nitro 5, but it has 8gb ddr4 ram and I am willing to ugrade to 16gb for better performance. Will this cause warranty issue? Or should I have to visit service centre for this?
In India, I am getting the information that If I open the back myself, it will void warranty. Is it true?

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Do you have a warranty sticker on top of the one of the screws? If not then the warranty will not be voided.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• karmandroid
    karmandroid Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    ashish159 said:
    I am getting a nitro 5, but it has 8gb ddr4 ram and I am willing to ugrade to 16gb for better performance. Will this cause warranty issue? Or should I have to visit service centre for this?
    In India, I am getting the information that If I open the back myself, it will void warranty. Is it true?
    No, upgrading or installing any hardware(like SSD, HDD, RAM) on the Acer laptop will not void the warranty, even if you break the seal.
    The warranty will void only if you break anything during the process. IF you doubt it, you can ask Acer CS or service center.

• ashish159
    ashish159 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I will check with Customer support once.
  • Manpreet
    Manpreet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Have you got any update regarding this? i also have same question. Please let me know if you got any update!
  • Akshatpunj
    Akshatpunj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same issue, they say that "As per the acer policy installing RAM or HDD will not cover under warranty" and "Please contact with nearby acer authorized service center for appropriate help in chargeable base otherwise warranty will be void".
    I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54.
    1TB SSD, 8GB RAM, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GPU
  • amoleb1982
    amoleb1982 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    ashish159 said:
    No, upgrading or installing any hardware(like SSD, HDD, RAM) on the Acer laptop will not void the warranty, even if you break the seal.
    The warranty will void only if you break anything during the process. IF you doubt it, you can ask Acer CS or service center.

Nope, here in India the warranty gets void when seal is broken, confirmed with service center, warranty will be void if you remove the seal. DO NOT TRY TO UPGRADE your laptop yourself.
  • yash_vs
    yash_vs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Poor Practices by this brand when no other brand in the market does this