My SF114-32 Bios 1.11 Killed my Display

mellaby
mellaby Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Since I updated my Bios to 1.11 I've had a bad time installing the right display adapter. I tried the method mentioned on another tread to install the display driver before windows does it's 1st update on a new install of win 10 1909 and it works. When my PC updated to win 2004 the display died again, so I tried to do the same method again Acer's driver but it won't work. I can't roll back Bios 1.11 back to a older version. There is no way I can contact Acer because my PC is out of warranty. Any suggestions?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    edited June 2020
    There is still version 1.12. If you have no display, but you think it is booting up, see if a external monitor will work so you can run 1.12. Check your Intel VGA driver first.
  • Before updating the bios again, access the bios and press f9 to restore it and then press f10 to save and exit. Then, turn off the notebook and reset the battery:
    It might work.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

I have been using my HDMI cable to the TV to check things out. Everything is working fine except no display on the PC. I saw that ver 1.12 but it's not a fix for display problems. I wished there was away to let Acer know that this bios has failed the Swift 1 models.
  • Did you check my suggestion above? It is necessary to restore the bios whenever the firmware is updated and also to reset the battery. That way, some bugs can be fixed.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • philetus
    Do you think it's a Bios or display driver? Did you try rolling back the bios, some Acer models seem to be able to do it. Have you tried uninstalling the Acer graphics driver and then install the newer driver?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/358310/bios-downgrade
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

Every comment here I've tried. (reset bios,uninstalled 605 driver, installed new driver. Nothing works except going back to a clean install of 1909 and installing the Acer's driver before doing any updates. You can tell it will work when the intel graphics show on the task bar.
  • I am thinking that you do not make this recommendation "Please upgrade the Intel VGA driver v26.20.100.7325 first before updating this BIOS."

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• philetus
    I hope you don't have any more problems. Let me know how it turns out.
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

Like I said before, there is no way to go to Win 10 2004 with this bios. Acer has to fix this with a bios update, otherwise every Swift 1 with bios 1.11 has a bricked PC if they try to upgrade win 10 1909.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mellaby

Tinkerer

That's actually the very same problem. If you read the whole thread I was the last comment. There is basically no fix for this moving on unless Acer gives us a fix with a new bios. 
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

I really wished Acer was monitoring this forum because there is no way to contact them. 
  • Why don't you try to update the video card drivers and then perform the update to version 1.12? It's just a possibility.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mellaby

Tinkerer

What particular driver are you commenting about?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mellaby

Tinkerer

philetus said:
    I read that article and found "Microsoft is also blocking the Windows 10 2004 update for PCs with Intel integrated graphics processing units. The companies are working on a fix in an upcoming release." That's not true because mine got the update and it installed fine except for no display. 
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

I do have the egydiocoelho said:
    I did have the 7325 driver installed before 1.11, but I have not done the 112 bios yet. I'm kind of scared to update the bios after 1.11 screwed up my PC for win 10 2004.
  • philetus
    Here is one instance of someone installing Bios 1.12 on a SF114-32. You could ask him about it.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/603095/acer-swift-sf114-32-does-not-expose-vt-x-to-virtual-machine-software

• mellaby

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    I left a comment on that thread. Maybe someone could give some incite. By the way thank you philetus for all your suggestions.