acer aspire 5 A515 Laptop powers on but no display

Xxxxfighterxxxx
Xxxxfighterxxxx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I don’t know what is happening ☹️ to my laptop. Took it to a repair store and dey went as far as to even flash the bios, still nothing. 

For the past 1-2weeks now, sometimes when using the laptop it flashes a black screen for like a second, thought it wasn’t a big problem so I hesitated to take it for check up( which I Neva did). About nearly a week ago, I tried Turing the laptop one, after showing the Acer logo, the system scream just scramble and that’s where I’ve been since then. 

Side note : the laptop was practically turning off after 5seconds of rebooting itself (off and on loop). After they flashed the bios on the modaboard this problem was resolved, but yet no display. 

PLEASE I NEED HELPP😫.

system specs 
nvidia mx150 
i5- 8th gen 
8gb ram 
256ssd 
acer aspire 5 A515 

[Edited to add model name]

Answers

• Does the acer logo appear? What happens when you reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xxxxfighterxxxx

Tinkerer

Does the acer logo appear? What happens when you reset the battery?
    The Acer logo doesn’t appear and yes, I tried resetting the battery. Also I connecting via HDMI, that didn’t work as well. 

• Can you access the bios? Does the Acer logo appear?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xxxxfighterxxxx

Tinkerer

Can you access the bios? Does the Acer logo appear?

Yes, the bios was changed and a new bios version for my laptop from the Acer site was installed in it. 
    No result still. 
  • Does the bios image and the acer logo appear correctly on the notebook display? Does the black screen occur only after windows login?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Xxxxfighterxxxx

Tinkerer

Nothing shows up when I turn on the system 
    no bios image, no Acer logo, no login screen. Nothing at all shows up. 
  • Ankitpro
    Ankitpro Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Same problem with my same laptop as yours no acer image no bios no windows on blank screen
  • Is the image displayed when you connect an external hdmi monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ankitpro
    No image on display when I press too many times power button my laptop suddenly gets started I don't know how.
  • @Ankitpro What is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Ankitpro,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.
  • Ankitpro
    @egydiocoelho bro my laptop model no is A515-51G-58GJ
  • Ankitpro
    @egydiocoelho bro my laptop led is also not working properly only orange color indicator is working blue color power indicator is not working
  • Ankitpro
    @egydiocoelho bro I tried everymethod for fixing that probelm no display problem I also tried full battery drain battery reset pin hole method it didn't fix my problem. I also visited to service center for this problem they said that my one ram is not working properly your ram is dead but it seems to be not correct conclusion I guess because I can start my laptop by pressing the power button too many times and suddenly my laptop gets started with a faint blink on screen and acer logo can be seen on screen if its ram  and bios problem then my laptop would be start a single time. If I want to use laptop then I tried this method for turning on the laptop then it works flawlessly like normal for hours and hours.i think it is not ram problem because I can see in taskmanager ram is showing 8gb no issue at all. Service center guy they always loot people. At last I can say that ram is ok bios is ok working latest version 2.02 I recently updated with no issue I thought that bios update might fix this issue but no luck. Service center guy also forcing me to buy ram from there store I told them why I buy ram if my ram is ok. I woke up in morning I turn on laptop by pressing one time no display issue no acer logo no bios nothing only I can feel fan spinning.i press 10-15 times power button simultaneously I see a faint blink on the screen then acer logo and my latops gets started. This is the only way I can start my laptop everyday.bro is there any way for fixing this issue
  • Can you check hard drive and ssd health with crystaldiskinfo program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
This discussion has been closed.