Reinstalling WIndows 10 64 using Rufus Not Working

Options
Elizasleyn
Elizasleyn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I decided to reformat(I noticed that y laptop is slowing down, got a look at Task Manager and my Hardisk is at 100% always) my laptop using the onboard system recovery. After awhile the laptop restart and show a error(memory error something), after that error the laptop restart again but I doesn't continue it only show the Acer Logo and the Automatic Repair below it. 

I tried creating a bootable usb using rufus but I was greated with a error message Media driver Missing. Tried different ports(all three) still the same error.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
    Are you using a USB 3.0 device? Try it with a USB 2.0 device.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options

Have a look at this step by step guide (as its too long to explain here) “How to install Windows 10 from USB with UEFI support: here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support for your Aspire A315-54, then (after installation of Win-10) I would update your existing bios v1.04 dated 2019/09/02 (as there have been many updates on bios) on your A315-54 to the latest v1.09 dated 2020/05/19 “Add Hardware Signature hash value check after update BIOS”,

You must have had the wrong settings on Rufus and/or you Rufus was downloaded with an error. Also, make sure the USB stick is 8GB in size as making a bootable Win-10 UEFI USB with Rufus is a very simple thing. 

Rufus settings for UEFI boot.
  • Elizasleyn
    Elizasleyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I got passed the media missing error however I, cannot detect the HD on the list
  • Keshiaa13
    Keshiaa13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:

Have a look at this step by step guide (as its too long to explain here) “How to install Windows 10 from USB with UEFI support:  for your Aspire A315-54, then (after installation of Win-10) I would update your existing bios v1.04 dated 2019/09/02 (as there have been many updates on bios) on your A315-54 to the latest v1.09 dated 2020/05/19 “Add Hardware Signature hash value check after update BIOS”,

You must have had the wrong settings on Rufus and/or you Rufus was downloaded with an error. Also, make sure the USB stick is 8GB in size as making a bootable Win-10 UEFI USB with Rufus is a very simple thing. 

Rufus settings for UEFI boot.

in fact, there are many issues when using rufus like:
    1) Rufus not opening windows 10

2) Rufus doesn't see usb drive or hard drive.

2) Rufus not recognizing or seeing iso file

3) Rufus not enough space

4) Rufus not responding

if rufus dind't works with you, then you can select some other alternatives to rufus. like wonderiso, unetbootin or abalenaEtcher.
    https://alternativeto.net/software/rufus/
    https://www.sysgeeker.com/alternative-to-rufus.html

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    the best solution is to create media with microsoft proprietary app (media creation tool)
  • StevenGen
    Options
    I decided to reformat(I noticed that y laptop is slowing down, got a look at Task Manager and my Hardisk is at 100% always) my laptop using the onboard system recovery. After awhile the laptop restart and show a error(memory error something), after that error the laptop restart again but I doesn't continue it only show the Acer Logo and the Automatic Repair below it. 

I tried creating a bootable usb using rufus but I was greated with a error message Media driver Missing. Tried different ports(all three) still the same error.

You don’t need RUFUS just go here to Microsoft site at “Download Windows 10” from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and then go to “Create Windows 10 installation media” use your computer to download the Windows 10 installation files onto a USB (min USB size should be 4GB) from this link: Download tool now as this will create a bootable USB and it will use your bios setting (like and if you have the GPT/UEFI bios) because and if you create the “Create Windows 10 installation media” through an MBR/Legacy bios computer onto a USB then the boot USB "Windows 10 installation media" won’t boot to a GPT/UEFI bios computer and vice versa, simple

• Keshiaa13
    Keshiaa13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:

You don’t need RUFUS just go here to Microsoft site at “Download Windows 10” from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and then go to “Create Windows 10 installation media” use your computer to download the Windows 10 installation files onto a USB (min USB size should be 4GB) from this link: Download tool now as this will create a bootable USB and it will use your bios setting (like and if you have the GPT/UEFI bios) because and if you create the “Create Windows 10 installation media” through an MBR/Legacy bios computer onto a USB then the boot USB "Windows 10 installation media" won’t boot to a GPT/UEFI bios computer and vice versa, simple

You may not know that Windows usb/dvd downlod tool is not always working. 
    I tried to install Win 10 home premium iso from microsoft on to a usb flash drive using Windows 10 USB/DVD Download Tool. It said "Files copied successfully. However, I was unable to run bootsect to make the USB device bootable. 

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    overall, media creation tool is more reliable than rufus, it never failed me. i use rufus for  linux installation.
  • Srnaclitina
    Srnaclitina Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The Media Creation Tool really help you do a clean Windows 10 installed,this is a great alternative,other alternatives are also a good option.
    Like Etcher and UNetbootin.
    Note that While Etcher can support Windows,Linux, and Mac,but UNetbootin only supports Windows.
    In addition, this is an article I read on the Internet. The detailed steps will be more helpful to you.