Hackintosh on an Acer Swift 3?

Shahin
Shahin Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was Wondering if Someone had done installing Hackintosh on to an Acer Swift 3 SF314-56G or Any other Swift 3's. How Did it go? and was there any issues regarding any of the drivers or hardware support.
I'm planning to install Hackintosh on my Laptop.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Some ACER users have reported successfully installing it but not without major issues with device drivers, also known as Mac kernel extension files that fully activate various devices like the screen, touchpad, USB ports, bluetooth, audio speakers, keyboard keys and network adapter.  Windows and Linux have similar driver files. On ACER factory-installed Windows, all of these kext or driver files are included when operating in the Windows environment. However, in Linux and Mac environments some of these files may be missing and the devices may not operate correctly or at all. Eventually, these coded files may be written and appear on the web to activate the devices. But for now, you have to live with the limitations if you want to run the computer in a Linux or Mac like environment.  Perhaps one of the best and most polished as far as running on ACER machines is LinuxMint with virtually all the device drivers or kernel extension files that work. Mint default boots on all my Windows machines because it's easily configured to have virtually the same look, feel, function and stability of Win7 as well as full access to all my Windows partitions. It probably can be configured to look and act nearly like the latest MacCat OS. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ