Why is my Acer Predator Helios 500 fan making noise? and the LED keyboard light is not Accurate

JYRWA
JYRWA Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I'm Having Trouble with my (Acer Predator Helios 500, GTX 1070,) Laptop. The LED lighting on my keyboard is not accurate anymore. its been a week or so that this has happened. every time when I try to set the color to Light Blue or any blue, it turns into light green, this only happens only to the left and right side of the keyboard.

2nd Problem is that the fan on the right side is making noise, its like a grinding noise like something is getting stuck or its wobbling.

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Also, try blowing out the fan vents. Sometimes when they start building up dust they get quite a bit louder.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Encapsulator
    Encapsulator Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi @JYRWA,
    egydiocoelho? Is it resolve this issue?

• Encapsulator
    Hi @egydiocoelho. I tried to reset battery, but it is not help to resolve trouble with RGB LED on keyboard. I think that this is HW issue which related to LED degradation.

• HULU
    HULU Member Posts: 20 Networker
    JYRWA said:
    Hello,
    I'm Having Trouble with my (Acer Predator Helios 500, GTX 1070,) Laptop. The LED lighting on my keyboard is not accurate anymore. its been a week or so that this has happened. every time when I try to set the color to Light Blue or any blue, it turns into light green, this only happens only to the left and right side of the keyboard.

2nd Problem is that the fan on the right side is making noise, its like a grinding noise like something is getting stuck or its wobbling.
    Try to remove the CPU fan to remove dust. If it cannot be resolved, you should consider whether the fan life is exhausted.
  • Have you tried to disconnect the keyboard?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjkac5hq_Wk
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Encapsulator
    @egydiocoelho, yes, I tried to disconnect keyboard an connect back. It isn't help. I find similar topic on forum with the same trouble https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/561991/helios-500-keyboard-backlight-colour-problem/. After 5-7 month of using PREDATOR HELIOS 500 the blue keyboard light is digradate.

• Is your laptop still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer