Huzzah!

Options
dancemonkeymadness
dancemonkeymadness Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited April 23 in 2020 Archives
Hey everyone! Been an Acer fan since the Ferrari days. It's been fun watching this OEM evolve over the years! I just got my fifth Acer laptop yesterday.... and the first ultrabook I've owned (Swift 3). I don't really feel new to the Swift though because I used to support over 300 Macbook Pros and Airs (IT)... and that's actually the primary reason why I bought it instead of a Lenovo Flex. It's hard to find an affordable all metal laptop nowadays, and they cannot be beat for durability or heat dissipation. I also TRUST Acer more than Lenovo, for one very obvious reason if nothing else: Acer doesn't do third party refurbs. It's very easy to pick up a brand new Acer on Amazon without running into a third party refurb scam (selling third party refurbs with expired warranties and subpar hardware replacements as brand new). Acer does their own in-house and sticks by it. Gotta love that kind of fiscal and public responsibility in any large company nowadays. 

I was extremely grateful for Acer this time around as I was shopping for a powerful budget laptop during what appears to be a very wrong time to be laptop shopping (sparse selection and insanely high prices). I would've ended up spending anywhere from $200 to $300 more for similar performing hardware from a different vendor. And it was extremely awesome that the one within my price range was a Mac Air clone! :) I really expect this one to last a long time, especially since I'm a Linux user. :lol: 

So now I'm browsing around these support forums... I might stay, and I might not. I really don't know yet. But I have posted a couple of times now, and found this welcome forum... thought it would only be right to say hello! :)