Acer beep codes

Options
JaJaazzz
JaJaazzz Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I need help i have a acer travelmate p249 and can somebody here give me a list of beep codes for that product because lately i have been getting beep codes when i play games on and one day it has become noticeably slow can anyone help

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Once past the BIOS post and logged into the Windows, a beep or series of beeps can mean you have a low battery condition or the charger+battery power output can't keep up with the game's power demands. In this case, the CPU/GPU will start to throttle or slow down to conserve power. You must always make sure battery is near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming for maximum play time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the listed beep codes are only used during the POST when the machine is first turned on. Once you are past POST beeps are caused by other factors, so the codes no longer match. The beeps that Jack is referring to is the beep that happens when the charger is inserted or removed, it also beeps when the charging state is changed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Once past the BIOS post and logged into the Windows, a beep or series of beeps can mean you have a low battery condition or the charger+battery power output can't keep up with the game's power demands. In this case, the CPU/GPU will start to throttle or slow down to conserve power. You must always make sure battery is near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE you start heavy gaming for maximum play time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the listed beep codes are only used during the POST when the machine is first turned on. Once you are past POST beeps are caused by other factors, so the codes no longer match. The beeps that Jack is referring to is the beep that happens when the charger is inserted or removed, it also beeps when the charging state is changed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.