Keyboard SK-9627 powers but unresponsive after motherboard change

Options
Jabbo99
Jabbo99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I changed my son’s Predator G3-710 motherboard to an ASUS motherboard for a gen 6 chip. Everything is working fine that I can tell except for the SK-9627 gaming keyboard that came with the system.  The backlight powers across different USB’s but the keyboard is unresponsive. The keyboard worked perfectly before the hardware change. My backup unlit nongaming keyboard works but is subpar for gaming. I tried plugging the keyboard on other non-Acer systems with the same issue. Device manager doesn’t recognize the keyboard  
I was unable to find a solution so really stuck at this point if the problem is in bios, registry, the driver, or somewhere else. This is my first MOBO change so please forgive my ignorance or stupidity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not positive, but I believe the SK-9627 is an Aethon 300 keyboard. I don't see any specific drivers needed for it, so it should have been plug and play. When you plug it in does it put a new entry up in Device Manager? If so does that device have any warning or errors shown?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jabbo99
    Jabbo99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:

Device Manager on 3 different systems does not recognize the keyboard, but it powers up on all. I’ll give downloading the 300 driver a try tonight.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try removing all keyboards from Device Manager, reboot with it plugged in and then see which keyboards show back up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.