Upgrading Of RAM On Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T-432G50MN

NoorSyafiqM
NoorSyafiqM Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi. Currently I have an Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T-432G50MN laptop with the original specification: 500GB HDD, 2GB RAM. I have since upgraded my laptop and now my the new specs is as follows: 120GB SSD, 4GB RAM. My question is, can I still upgrade the RAM to 8GB?

[Edited thread to add model name]

Answers

• abbicibigibuw_melike
    abbicibigibuw_melike Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

You can get a ram that is compatible with your processor and motherboard.
  • BURTRB2022
    BURTRB2022 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi. Currently I have an Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T-432G50MN laptop with the original specification: 500GB HDD, 2GB RAM. My HDD cannot detect already when booting now I need the OS Windows drivers for the new HDD where can I get/find/copy for the said driver installer..

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers are both available on Acer's support site for your model. Depending on which CPU you have you can bump your memory to either 8GB or 16GB using two SODIMM modules. I believe you have the i5-430M processor, so two 4GB modules will provide you with 8GB of memory and you could then install the 64bit version of Windows. I think your system is old enough it doesn't support UEFI booting, so when you create a Windows install flash drive make sure it's setup for MBR booting. Enable the F12 Boot Menu in the BIOS and use the F12 key during

post to get the boot menu, then choose the install flash drive as your boot source. Since you are going to be putting a new drive in to replace the failed 500GB, use a SSD instead of a HDD.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.