Acer Travelmate B3 or B3 Spin - help!

FiFi85
FiFi85 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I am from the UK and need to purchase a Travelmate B3 or B3 Spin. My son needs this laptop for when he starts school in September. His school have sent an email saying all pupils need this laptop and they can offer monthly payments. But, the monthly payments over 3 years make the laptop significantly costly. Almost £1.5k. I would much prefer to buy the laptop outright as I have been seeing on press releases the laptop is likely to retail at £200-£250. 

Problem is.... I can’t find this laptop ANYWHERE! It apparently launched in April but I have checked all the stores online, retailers and the US sites but can’t find the laptop anywhere to purchase. 

Does anyone know where I can purchase this laptop? 

I have contacted Acer saying I can’t find the laptop anywhere online and do they know where to purchase it from and they responded with “Try Argos or Curry’s” and then closed the ticket, even though I had already said I had tried everywhere!

can anyone help.

Thanks all

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    My guess is they saw more demand than anticipated so the first units went too fast. I am sure there are more in the channel and you will just have to wait for them to arrive. Likely they are still on a boat, or stuck in customs...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.