AMD Adrenalin

ayhan
ayhan Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi, everyone ^^

I have question for AMD Adrenalin.
My AMD Software is fine, works perfectly but should I upgrade it to AMD Adrenalin?
If should, why?
If don't, why?

Thanks for reading this^^
Best Regards!

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @ayhan
    It automatically get uninstall but you need to tick on factory reset(optional while installing)need to follow this step while installing↓

Ensure that any existing AMD graphics driver on the system is removed before installing a new driver package. Performing a complete uninstall ensures a clean system and can help reduce issues or conflicts that may occur on new installations

NOTE! Close all opened applications including anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam software before attempting the install process.

Once the Radeon™ Software package has been downloaded, run the executable file to begin the setup process.

The first window that appears will allow you to specify the location where the Radeon Software setup files will be saved.

NOTE! It is recommended to use the default location for setup.

Click Install to begin the file extraction process.

RSX-INS-01

Once the extraction is complete, the AMD Radeon Software Installer will automatically launch.

RSX-INS-02

IMPORTANT! Click on the link to AMD Radeon Software End Under License Agreement to review the terms of conditions.

If you agree to the terms and conditions, click Install to begin the installation process or select Additional Options to customize the installation.

Additional Options allows you to specify a different install location and/or perform a factory reset as part of the installation (example shown below).

Note- It is recommended to tick factory Reset (optional)

RSX-INS-03

NOTE! It is recommended to use the default location for installation.

During the installation process, your display may flicker intermittently. This is normal and expected behavior while changes are taking effect.

RSX-INS-04

NOTE! If you have selected the Factory Reset option, then a restart will be required.  AMD Radeon Software Installer should automatically continue the installation process upon reboot.

RSX-INS-05

Once the installation is complete, you may choose to allow AMD to collect anonymous usage information for AMD’s User Experience Program and/or launch AMD Radeon Software.

RSX-INS-06

Click Finish to complete the installation

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    edited June 2020
    @ayhan
    You should always update your amd radeon software in order to update your gpu driver.

Because Newer version is better and optimized for newer games, will increase gaming and PC performance, new look, new features(settings), fix many bug related to lag/hand/black screen in many games 

(Before installing new amd radeon 2020 edition you need to uninstall current amd software from settings then restart your laptop, after restart install new amd software..also disable real time protection from settings before installing and uninstall amd software)

• ayhan

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698
    So, I just can't simply upgrade it?
  • GAMING6698
    @ayhan
    Yes, it is recommended if you are gamer 
    Latest version is amd radeon 2020 edition version 20.5.1

• ayhan

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698
    Okay, I will try to install AMD Adrenalin
    but if there is an updated version of it, I don't need to uninstall it first right?
  • GAMING6698
    Answer ✓
    @ayhan
    It automatically get uninstall but you need to tick on factory reset(optional while installing)need to follow this step while installing↓

Ensure that any existing AMD graphics driver on the system is removed before installing a new driver package. Performing a complete uninstall ensures a clean system and can help reduce issues or conflicts that may occur on new installations

NOTE! Close all opened applications including anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam software before attempting the install process.

Once the Radeon™ Software package has been downloaded, run the executable file to begin the setup process.

The first window that appears will allow you to specify the location where the Radeon Software setup files will be saved.

NOTE! It is recommended to use the default location for setup.

Click Install to begin the file extraction process.

RSX-INS-01

Once the extraction is complete, the AMD Radeon Software Installer will automatically launch.

RSX-INS-02

IMPORTANT! Click on the link to AMD Radeon Software End Under License Agreement to review the terms of conditions.

If you agree to the terms and conditions, click Install to begin the installation process or select Additional Options to customize the installation.

Additional Options allows you to specify a different install location and/or perform a factory reset as part of the installation (example shown below).

Note- It is recommended to tick factory Reset (optional)

RSX-INS-03

NOTE! It is recommended to use the default location for installation.

During the installation process, your display may flicker intermittently. This is normal and expected behavior while changes are taking effect.

RSX-INS-04

NOTE! If you have selected the Factory Reset option, then a restart will be required.  AMD Radeon Software Installer should automatically continue the installation process upon reboot.

RSX-INS-05

Once the installation is complete, you may choose to allow AMD to collect anonymous usage information for AMD’s User Experience Program and/or launch AMD Radeon Software.

RSX-INS-06

Click Finish to complete the installation

• ayhan

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698
    Thanks for the answers!
    You are very helpful.