ACER X35 Scanlines Issue After Firmware Update (NO FLICKERING)

Options
Ilcose
Ilcose Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi all, 
 i start this thread just to ask how many people have scanline issue (light vertical black lines) also after the renown update. Yes it fixes a lot of problems: The Flickering/heavy scanlines issue, the fan noise with stupid Full-Low speed pattern, the "Blue Color" bug. But the scanlines are still present in just every plain yellowish, light blueish and gray colors during movements. This is really frustrating in game with large single color areas. One where the problem is unbearable is War Thunder. Rise of the tomb rider is another one, but the high detail density in graphics makes it mostly unnoticeable. For example also the compressed human skin color on Youtube shows this pattern during movements if you look carefully (No jokes or references on other sites please XD). It appears and desappears faintly during camera panning or object movements.

My settings are:
SDR FALD ON
144hz 10bit FullRGB
Normal Overdrive

Everything else to default or disable.

It seems unrelated to FPS or Overdrive. It behaves the same with or without HDR. Seems mostly triggered when the color of the pixel changes from another darker color to the pattern mentioned before.

This just to know if maybe my panel is very old (October 19 - production June 19) and maybe suffers from this defect and the newer one doesn't have it.

Answers

• ChrisKar
    ChrisKar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hey ! I saw your post while searching for my problem . I recently bought Aoc ag353ucg with the same panel . I can only speculate that since it was released months after x35 the flickering issue doesn't exist and to be honest i can't see any . BUT . What i do see is that in moving images ( camera slow pans for example ) in darker shades there are faint vertical scanlines .... And in the end a noisy image is created sometimes when moving the camera in a game. This is something that is mentioned even in pc monitors info review of the x35 and it is obviously something different than the now solved flickering/heavy scanlines problem . I am on the brink of returning the monitor while on all other aspects it is amazing . I just cannot understand if the problem exists on all pg35vq's , x35's and ag353ucg and if i should bother exchanging for another one. Maybe some users just cannot see it ? If i do this test at 120 pixel per second : https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=quebec.jpg&pps=120&pursuit=0&height=0&stutterfreq=0&stuttersize=0 you can clearly see the scanlines if you look closely to the image. 
  • ChrisKar
    ChrisKar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Update. Ag353ucg returned and a pg35vq came in . SAME exact problem .It is either on all panels and some users don't give attention ( depends also on what games are playing ) or we / i are really really unlucky.
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yes, I've always had this issue on the X35 (mines old) and still do. Towards the end of The Division 2 benchmark around the forklift trucks you can really see the lines. Mostly every monitor seams to have some imperfection or heavily hurts my eyes\head though so I just gave up. For me before the update I used to run g-sync and it was fine but the picture was a mess with all the flickering and lines, but when I installed the patch it got rid of the flicker and most of the lines but now whenever I use g-sync the very top of my head gets a lot of pain and I feel ill and cannot sleep. This only happens with g-sync enabled. Fast sync is fine. Or no sync at all is fine. I do sometimes miss being able to use g-sync -.-