Both fron USB ports on Aspire TC-780 totally dead

Gymnast46
Gymnast46 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
For a time I could charge devices but not transfer data.  Now both front USB ports won't even charge an iPhone.  Happily all the rear USB ports work but it sure would be nice to have the front ones functioning again.  Clicking on everything shown below says:  "This device is working properly".  Any suggestions?    Unrelated: The PC no longer recognized the DVD drive either but I don't have much use for it.  

Answers

• Have you checked that the front panel usb ports are connected correctly here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gymnast46
    Gymnast46 Member Posts: 5 New User
    It didn't occur to me to try that.  Is it possible they have come unplugged by themselves?  I'm doing a lengthy backup will but will try your suggestion later.  Thanks.
  • It may just be a bad connection.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)