Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) is lagging while gaming. Micro shutters (1-2 seconds)

Options
DaoudDexter
DaoudDexter Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi, My laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) is lagging while gaming. Basically there is a FPS drop for very small duration (1-2 sec) which repeats every 2-3 minutes while gaming. The issue started randomly few months back and I cannot find a solution to this. I have tried every possible solution like (repasting, windows reinstall, all drivers update, bios update, undervolting, and different power plans)  but nothing worked. Temperatures for CPU and GPU are well within the normal range ( 70-87C for CPU and 60-75 GPU) while gaming. CPU:  i7-9750H GPU: NVIDIA 1660Ti. Please help me with this?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    Options
    @DaoudDexter
    Use DDU(display driver uninstaller) and clean uninstall your gpu driver.

Now, download and install latest nvidia software from this site↓
    Just select your gpu details→download game ready driver 
    https://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Also try to put the minimum and maximum performance of the processor, both on the battery and the outlet, at 100% in power options.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @GAMING6698 installed the new driver after clean uninstall using DDU. Also @egydiocoelho min and max is 100% in my power plan. Did not work. Please help?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you disable batteryboost in the geforce experience and limit the max frame rate to 61fps on the nvidia control panel?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @DaoudDexter
    I think this is happening because of high temperature, follow this guide→undervolt your CPU
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/577183/throttlestop-undervolt-profiles-pre-made/p1

• HwangYeji
    HwangYeji Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Are you on dual channel?
  • DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Options
    @HwangYeji Nope Single. @GAMING6698 I dont see any high temperature even after gaming 2-3 hours. I am already under-volting my CPU using ThrottleStop. As previously mentioned CPU temps remain in range of  70-87C while gaming without under-volt and with under-volt they remain well below 80C. @egydiocoelho Limited FPS using Nvidia Control Panel to 60. Issue not resolved.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you disable batteryboost in the geforce experience?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho Yes battery boost and Geforce experience disabled. One thing I observed that when the FPS drops I can see GPU usage dropping to 0% for split second in overlay.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @DaoudDexter
    Playing online game like apex legends?

• DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

Options
    Happens both online and offline  in all the games.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Depending on the version of windows, why does it appear that the predator sense turbo does not work in the latest windows releases, what happens when you activate the predator sense turbo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho. Turbo boost does not fix the issue. I can experience frame drops even in turbo mode
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling xbox apps.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YaZZzzz
    YaZZzzz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @egydiocoelho. Turbo boost does not fix the issue. I can experience frame drops even in turbo mode
    do you find the solution? my laptop also experience the same thing..unstable gpu process..i can saw from the graph from predator sense
  • DaoudDexter

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho No solution still. The frame drop gets more frequent while undervolting. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check the battery for wear and try to calibrate it?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JayJay1018
    JayJay1018 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I am using predator helios 300 (PH315) too. I got the same problem with you guys. I try many ways as you guys do and I finally figure out the solution. TRY TO PUT THE GAME IN THE C DRIVE INSTEAD OF D DRIVE ( C DRIVE = THE PLACE THAT YOU INSTALLED WINDOWS = SSD) . I hope you guys and try my way and see if you can solve the problems. However, the C drive volume is very small, only 118GB, after installing windows and sth related to acer, only half is left. Hope you guys can solve the problem.