Microphone not working. -N17W2 Spin 5 series

Options
Gazevil
Gazevil Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When plugging a headset or microphone in the audio jack, windows gives you a choice to select HeadSet or audio etc. We select headset for our headset and the sound is fine, but the microphone levels is way low. We redownloaded the drivers, changed the mic setting in the control panel (boosted the microphone and the microphone boost to the max). We tried multiple headsets and microphones, all with the same result. We also tried the windows setting UI, we tried the troubleshoot button but no result. The mic is detected but you'd have to scream in it to get heard by superman. Does anyone have advice? Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    What brand/model headset have you tried? This particular model seems to function better with the 3.5mm Nokia/Motorola OMTP-type TRRS plug configuration shown on the extreme right below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ihor_Harby
    Ihor_Harby Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have found that every time I put in mini-jack into my Spin 5 the Realteck Audio Console changes microphone volume to about 30%. And I must change the volume each time. 
    The volume settings in the Realteck app and in Windows are different.
    _
    I had another problem. My "Microphone array" (build-in micro) is not working at all, but the system says that everything is ok.
    Can't make it work.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Volume changes to lower levels are normal when plugging into a headset or headphone jack. The Realtek audio app and Window audio app are two different  audio apps and don't behave identically. As for the built-in mic, right click on the speaker icon in the tray. Click on recording devices. Right click on mic. Click properties. Click levels tab. Move sliders to max volume. If still no joy, click on settings in the Windows start menu. Search microphone. Check microphone privacy and other microphone settings to make sure it hasn't been deactivated. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ