Screen stopped working, can it be saved?

Options
bananafish
bananafish Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello, so just today my screen stopped working and it looks like this. No physical damage was done so I assume it's an internal issue. Is there someway that this can be fixed? Or will I have to buy a new laptop?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
    When it starts, can you get into Bios using F2? As soon as you push start, start hitting F2 fast. If you succeed and the screen is ok, then your problem is a software problem in Windows. If it is still bas, it is a hardware problem with the monitor.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You said that the display was not damaged. But what is it here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bananafish
    Options

I'm not sure. Externally there is nothing. It's there when the screen on.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example G3-572-58VH. You can see if the problem may be just a bad edp cable connection:
    But is your notebook under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options
    It actually looks like there could be some damage in the inner layers.
  • bananafish
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input. The laptop does work when connected to other screens through HDMI. So yeah something with the screen inside is busted I think.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @bananafish Even so, check the connection of the edp cable. It would be interesting to know the exact model of the notebook. Example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer