Charger and Battery Related

Jasutiin
Jasutiin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good Day Acer Community!
Long post ahead...
I would like to get an advice about my laptop Acer Aspire E5-473G.
This past month I'm experiencing an weird scenario where when I'm using my laptop while in charging state it's vanishing every 3-5 seconds then my blue and orange led is blinking. My current solution there is to reconnect the charger and it works sometimes. 1 time I'm using the laptop and it happened again and applied my temporary solution which is reconnecting the charger and that's while I'm playing a game. I noticed my fps drops from 60 to 10ish and I noticed that may clock speed locked from 1.99GHz to 0.48Ghz which is kinda weird. I don't know what to do and I unplugged the charger and surprisedly the speed got back up to original state. I'm not sure if it's battery or charger related so it happens many times and I keep reconnecting the plug. Fast forward today and I can't use the laptop while in use. It's happening constantly which makes my laptop unusable when in low battery. I hope I can get an explanation what's happening on my laptop. Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,331 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You likely need to replace the battery. Part number al15a32. About $35USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,331 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You likely need to replace the battery. Part number al15a32. About $35USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jasutiin
    Jasutiin Member Posts: 3 New User
    JackE said:
    I'm happy to hear that it is a really a battery problem :) and thanks for your battery details :+1: