Numlock automatically disabled after locking Windows 10

jY5323
jY5323 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I'm having Swift SF514-52T running Windows 10. Every time after locking Windows, the numlock is disabled at logon.
I'm using Logitech K580 keyboard and same thing occurs even I change to other keyboards. So, unlike it is a keyboard issue.
I have tried several methods recommended online including modifying the registry and turning off fast startup.
There is no Bios config for this as well.

Kindly help.

Thanks.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,315 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020
    @jY5323 This is default window setting.To change this you need to edit registry
    To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:
    1. Run Registry Editor.
    2. Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    3. Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • jY5323

Tinkerer

@jY5323 This is default window setting.To change this you need to edit registry
    To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:
    1. Run Registry Editor.
    2. Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    3. Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.
    @GAMING6698, thanks for the suggestion. However, I had already changed that to 2 and problem persists
  • jY5323

Tinkerer

Hi, any solution from Acer?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    It sounds to me like a Windows issue, not in the hardware...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jY5323

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    It sounds to me like a Windows issue, not in the hardware...
    Do you have any suggestion for me? Thanks
  • billsey
    I don't, I can't think of anywhere where Microsoft would have that exposed to us. Maybe a low power option on the keyboard device properties?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jY5323

Tinkerer

Hi billsay, I don't mind trying the low power option. Appreciate if you can guide how should I go about it?
  • billsey
    Device Manager, select Keyboards, then uninstall all entries. Reboot without installing anything and let the OS do it for you. Recheck to see if the symptom has changed. If not, go back to Keyboards and bring up properties on any that are there. Check to see if there is a Power Management tab on any of them. If try disabling Allow the computer to turn off this device. Retest. Report back and we'll try and go even deeper if needed.