Acer Customer Care

adrian522
adrian522 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
Am I the only one having serious issues with Customer care at Acer (UK)?

I sent a laptop in for a warranty repair.
The issue was with the charger port and the charger cable no longer connecting and thus being unable to charge the laptop.

After a long wait I was informed that the damage was caused by me due to a physical impact. I know this not to be the case but despite pleading my case nobody is willing to call me to discuss or to entertain the possibility that the issue is not due to a drop or impact of some description.

To add insult to injury they are quoting a repair cost of nearly £500, pretty much the cost of a new laptop. I find this ridiculous, they say they need to replace the main board, the charger port and the charger. I don't understand this and really don't understand why this costs the same as a retail cost for a brand new machine.

They also will refuse to return the laptop to me unless I pay them £50 to return it. This is obviously way above the cost of shipping so I don't really want to pay this to get my broken machine back.

In addition to all these problems I am getting very little response to my questions. I had sent maybe 25 emails without a response and can't get through on the phone.

When I finally did get some email response my questions are not being responded to properly. I have requested a call back on 6 separate occasions but no call has been forth coming.

I'm afraid this entire experience has left me very disappointed and frustrated with Acer and how they treat customers. I can't see myself ever buying an Acer product again, and at this point I really don't know what to do.

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Comments

This discussion has been closed.