Can someone help me with some motherboard issues.

Options
Coffeeit1962
Coffeeit1962 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
HI: I have a possible dead MB in the following system; Acer Predator G3-710 6th gen Intel® Core™ i5. User had been gaming with it turned up to the max and smoked the system. They sent the sys back to Acer and they said that they replaced the MB, but i'm not getting response for; post, no beeps( removed mem, video hd etc) There is no video. User noted that before they sent it back the sys wouldn't even turn on, and Acer commented that it now turns on, which drains my brain thinking if the system was checked with a monitor, there is no way to tell, it was over 2 yrs ago now. What I did do was remove all components from the MB to see if it would post but nope, nuttin, again no beeps. I put in another PS and new Video, no joy. I'm thinking at this point it's the CPU that is smoked. At the very minimum I should have beeps during post if some hard was is removed. Any thoughts on this would be perfect.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the PSU come up? It should be providing power to the connector and spinning it's internal fan if working. Gaming at the max wouldn't burn the system up, the CPU and GPU both have thermal overload protection that would shut the system off abruptly if overheated. More likely they overclocked/overvolted to excess or zapped it with static or a power surge. If the PSU comes up then you would be able to hear a HDD spinning up, or a DVD drive initializing. Also check out the actual power cord, I bet they didn't send that in to Acer with the rest of the system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.