Can I replace my Predator Orion 3000's motherboard? If yes, which size should I be looking for?

Options
NotCra
NotCra Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I've been using Predator Orion 3000 with the pre-built PO3-600 motherboard, recently I decided to upgrade my RAM and bought the Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200mHz RAM, however I just found out that the default motherboard and its BOIS doesn't allow me to access any XMP profile(RAM overclocking basically), thus I'm thinking of replacing the motherboard as well, but the size is quite special and I am not sure if I could actually change it or which size I should be looking for. Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe it's a standard DTX board with the extension at the front for extra ports. You'll be able to find a replacement motherboard easily enough, but likely without those ports at the front. Since the existing system is Coffee Lake S based you wouldn't have been able to use that memory at any speed higher than the 2666 that chipset supports. To use that memory to it's fullest you're going to be replacing the processor as well as the MB. I see a third slot opening in the back so you *might* be able to use a uATX. The mounting holes are the same but the board is physically larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.