PC stuck at startup. Please help

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G - Stuck at Boot screen.

Answers

• bonbon1122
    bonbon1122 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, how was this issue solved? I am having the same issue. PC stuck at startup, same message, for more than 8 hours (left it overnight).
  • iamaashish1994
    iamaashish1994 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    @bonbon1122 Had to get my HDD replaced, that got corrupted. 
  • bonbon1122
    bonbon1122 Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    Press & hold power button till machine shuts off. Then remove the charger. Gently insert a paper clip in the reset pinhole on the bottom of machine for about 10 seconds. Let machine rest for 15mins. Then plug charger back in. Then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ
    @iamaashish1994 did you try this work around orIor tried other things before you had to change your HDD. Sadly, I can't have my HDD checked now due to the pandemic.
  • iamaashish1994
    iamaashish1994 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Tried several things as was suggested is this thread before getting my HDD replaced... 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @bonbon1122 List for me the steps you have taken so far. Can you access the BIOS at boot? Can you boot from a different image, such as a Windows install flash drive? If you can get into the diagnostic environment you can do some more extensive disk checking.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.