Set a password in BIOS v 1.18

Puraw
Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,917 Trailblazer
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi
I just updated (flashed) my UEFI BIOS Insyde v 1.18 for my Aspire 5 A515-54G and like to change the SATA setting but cannot access the Information settings (see picture:

With Version 1.17 I could change the Sata setting without password but apparently with V 1.18 you have to set a Supervisor password?
Can anyone tell me how to change the Sata setting in v 1.18 and if I need to create a password first how to do that on the screen below:

What is HDD0 password? and do I have to set all 3 passwords or just the Supervisor password? There is a BIOS password mentioned in the PDF User Guide from Acer, should I use that or just make one up (looks like a generic password for all models)? I don't want to set a password on Boot.
Thanks

Best Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,473 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Puraw
    Boot in bios then under main tab press CTRL+S then option will be appear to chage sata mode
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,211 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Just to complement the answer from colleague @GAMING6698, you must be on the MAIN tab to enable sata mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,473 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Puraw
    Boot in bios then under main tab press CTRL+S then option will be appear to chage sata mode
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,211 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Just to complement the answer from colleague @GAMING6698, you must be on the MAIN tab to enable sata mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)