Predator Helios 300 GPU During Idle Fan Noise

ABDULKADIR
ABDULKADIR Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, 

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53. GPU processor when idle during, i hearing disturbing fan noise.  This issue very much discussed on Acer Community last year but could not be resolved. 

is there a new update on this issue? 

I don't understand why there is noise when idle? There is no compelling action. I'm just browsing the chrome open internet. this is really unacceptable

Answers

• Can you record a video of the noise and post it on youtube, showing the fan speeds in the predator sense? See this table as well:
    RE Help Unlock advanced menu on 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho said: Can you record a video of the noise and post it on youtube, showing the fan speeds in the predator sense? See this table as well:
    RE Help Unlock advanced menu on 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

Hi, this is fan laud link: https://youtu.be/KlZfEIHZV_k

Please 
    raise the volume and listen. This is unacceptable for quiet place.
  • This noise is not normal. Is your notebook under warranty? Have you tried to open the notebook to check if there is anything touching the fan blades?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ncDeiR6Ko
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

Hi, i bought it 6 months ago, frankly, I don't want to open it because the warranty is broken. 

I don't understand why the GPU fans turn by 2500 rpm when it's idle

I think there is another problem here

• Does this noise occur only when the processor and the gpu are idle?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

no. such noisy when cpu and gpu are idle. but when I open another program (chrome, youtube etc.) the noise intensity increases. I am looking at task manager cpu seems %3 or %5. I mean it works like noisy even though there is nothing tiring about the system.

thank you for supporting..
  • OK! Turn off the notebook and disconnect the power adapter. Then, press the power button for 12 seconds and check if the noise still occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    I did what you said .. then the system rebooted itself 2-3 times. but unfortunately the problem continues :( 

There are two important issues i don't understand:
    1- Why does it turn speed with 2500 rpm when gpu is idle and its temperature is 0 (there are screenshots in the above my posts)
    2- why is there only noise from the gpu fan, not from the cpu fan?

thanks again..
  • When the egpu is idle and the predator sense does not show the temperature, it does not mean that the gpu is 0ºc. The temperature is just not shown, simply because there is no program using the nvidia video card at that time.

Now, about the noise of the fans, it is really strange and I suggest you check if there is any damage to the propellers of the fans.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

I'm sorry, of course, the temperature cannot be zero :) I mean it why does the GPU spin at 2500 rpm when it is idle?

Ok;

I have 2 questions and then I will close this topic.

1- Here some users (such as @belik) have written that they can set up the fans rpm with the notebook fancontrol program before. I tried, it success but is it true to reduce GPU rpm? For example, would it be correct to set the GPU rpm between 1000 and 1500 is it true operation? i am not sure.

2- Do you suggest replacing the GPU fan with plastic fan?

thanks a lot
  • 1) It may be possible. Can you inform the link that the belik user talks about this procedure?

2) some exchange metal fans for plastic fans. However, if your notebook is under warranty, the ideal is to send the notebook to the acer repair center, so that they can exchange the fan.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    "1) It may be possible. Can you inform the link that the belik user talks about this procedure?"

there: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/574033/helios-300-ph317-53-72p5-rtx-2060-fan-stopping/p6
  • ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    I had one last question. When I increase the CPU fan speed, for example 3000 RPM, it makes a quiet hum, not noise. this is acceptable and does not disturbing, but the GPU is noisy even at 2500 RPM.

Why is the GPU fan more noisy at less RPM when the CPU fan is running quietly?

Thanks a lot..
  • I had one last question. When I increase the CPU fan speed, for example 3000 RPM, it makes a quiet hum, not noise. this is acceptable and does not disturbing, but the GPU is noisy even at 2500 RPM.

Why is the GPU fan more noisy at less RPM when the CPU fan is running quietly?

Answer: See that the design of the two fans are different:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

i am so sorry. I couldn't understand the difference between fans. Does it mean GPU fan metal and CPU fan plastic? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Yes. In addition, the design of both fans is different.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ABDULKADIR

Tinkerer

OK. Now I understand that the CPU fan is quiet because it is plastic. In this case, I guess I will choose the option to replace the GPU fan with a plastic fan. No other option is appear in this case. 

Thank you for supporting..
  • No, you cannot do this while your notebook is under warranty.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sezokiller
    Sezokiller Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    and dont do this because they didnt put metal for no reason there has to be some trick into it
    "Life is like an assault if its going too well you are walking into an ambush."

Always include your PC model and specs for a better diagnose
  • Srijansm
    Srijansm Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    i have the same problem............. what should i do???