Fan running continuously.....

CharlesRaj
CharlesRaj Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
 Hi,

I'm using Acer swift 3. last week I had changed my motherboard coz of charging port issue. After changed that mother board, laptop started overheating and cooling fan running continuously.

Some people say that, "This is normal issue after changing motherboard. After few weeks it will become normal".

Is it really normal or i should take any action to stop this ? :'(  

If anything, please help me to solve this.

PS - I have cleaned all the dusts and changed thermal paste as well. But no use.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    I've changed quite a few laptop motherboards and I have never had this problem. If it is overheating, you have some sort of cooling problem you didn't have with the old MB. If you just think it's overheating because the fan is running constant, try changing the System cooling policy in Power Options to Passive.
  • CharlesRaj
    CharlesRaj Member Posts: 8 New User
    I tried to change this to passive. But, I can't find that option.

• it would be interesting for you to inform the model of the computer. Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I wouldn't be too surprised to find the thermal paste not well distributed on the new MB. You might want to redo it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.