3 Year Old Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-571) Charging Turns On And Off Every Few Seconds

Options
Kumoo
Kumoo Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
As stated above, I've been having an extremely annoying issue with my laptop recently. I've looked around the forums and found that other people have had the same issue as I'm having, but the threads never end with an absolute answer. I've tried the recommended fixes (uninstalling and reinstalling battery drivers, holding down the battery reset button for 30 secs, etc.), but the problem still persists. I'd like to resolve this issue without having to send my laptop off for repairs, as laptop repairs can be quite pricey. 

Comments

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,370 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Kumoo
    Your battery light blinking? Every 1-2sec
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    @Kumoo
    Your battery light blinking? Every 1-2sec
    No. The battery light doesn't blink. The charge just cuts off and comes back every few seconds.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,370 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Kumoo Please try is the Battery troubleshooter in Windows 10.

-Open Start
    -Settings
    -Update & security
    -Troubleshoot
    -Click Power
    -Click Run the troubleshooter

2)Also can be a hardware issue

-Check if Your AC Power Supply is Properly Connected

-Try a Different Wall Outlet and Check for Low Voltage and Electrical Issues

-Test with Another Charger

-Remove All External Devices

-Check Your Connectors for Dirt or Damage
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    @Kumoo Please try is the Battery troubleshooter in Windows 10.

-Open Start
    -Settings
    -Update & security
    -Troubleshoot
    -Click Power
    -Click Run the troubleshooter

2)Also can be a hardware issue

-Check if Your AC Power Supply is Properly Connected

-Try a Different Wall Outlet and Check for Low Voltage and Electrical Issues

-Test with Another Charger

-Remove All External Devices

-Check Your Connectors for Dirt or Damage
    I ran the troubleshooter, but it didn't fix the issue. My AC power supply is connected, none of the outlets fix it, I don't have another charger, I have no external devices connected and I just cleaned out my computer a few days ago. :/
  • Impulse0824
    Impulse0824 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have same problem with my laptop now and Im doing all the things you had put in here. Still, nothing happen
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    I have same problem with my laptop now and Im doing all the things you had put in here. Still, nothing happen
    The issue went away after a while last time it happened. I don't know how or why, though. Well, it's back now. (Funnily enough, it came back at around the same time you made this post.) I think it may have something to do with me using my laptop while it isn't plugged in. I practically never use my laptop when it's unplugged, so my doing so may have triggered this problem. I'm not certain, though.
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    Just a quick addendum; I used my laptop while it was unplugged before the last time this happened too, so there is probably a correlation.
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    Curiously enough, my laptop starts charging normally after removing the RAM cover. I think this issue may actually have something to do with the power interrupt button. The last time this happened was after I cleaned my laptop, which I removed the RAM cover to do. I removed the RAM cover before this current incident as well.
  • TheSwordOfBuick
    TheSwordOfBuick Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Kumoo said:
    Just a quick addendum; I used my laptop while it was unplugged before the last time this happened too, so there is probably a correlation.
    This is when it started for me as well, it is always plugged in normally. But watched a movie once while traveling w/o it plugged in and it started this same issue. At the time i had never removed the ram or back plate yet as well. Are you saying you leave the power interrupt button unpressed atm? As mine charges fine, but at 100% i get the same issue as you.
  • Kumoo

Tinkerer

Options
    Kumoo said:
    This is when it started for me as well, it is always plugged in normally. But watched a movie once while traveling w/o it plugged in and it started this same issue. At the time i had never removed the ram or back plate yet as well. Are you saying you leave the power interrupt button unpressed atm? As mine charges fine, but at 100% i get the same issue as you.
    I'm leaving the power interrupt button pressed right now, but it does charge normally if I leave it unpressed. Mine does it regardless of what percentage my charge is at when I leave the power interrupt button pressed.