NITRO 7 BATTERY NOT CHARGING

hkstark
hkstark Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a NITRO 7 (AN715-51) for my daughter (Grad School) and she has the IDENTICAL issue with the battery not charging, as many others have mentioned.   I called ACER support.  After complaining and begging, I finally got to a "top level" supervisor, who was KIND ENOUGH to send me a new (OEM ACER) battery which I installed (ain't that hard).  It solved the problem for a few weeks but then the problem returned.  My older son (her older brother) is a PhD Particle Physicist who researched this problem and "suggested" opening the case (again), unplug this new oem battery for a few (15) minutes and then replug and try.  It worked fine, but for how long?  Since I had retained the "original" battery (ACER support said NOT to return it), I tried THAT original one and it also charges now, as well.  ACER did not design this unit with a battery reset hole (seems like an arrogant oversight) which I believe might have mitigated this problem.  It appears to me, that somehow the ACER NITRO 7 system senses the battery being plugged in and "resets" somehow (electronically) when you unplug and then replug the battery in.  After reading all the on-line reviews, problems and suggested attempts at fixing this IDENTICAL problem, I posit that the BEST solution is to do the following:
With the charging cable UNPLUGGED, Open the case, Unplug the battery, Let it sit for a few minutes (press power on if you prefer to discharge the system), Replug the battery and retry the system. 
This is clearly an unacceptable "work around."  ACER technicians should identify and correct this battery-not-charging-problem, but that would require a significant amount of financial effort on their part, which I'm certain their attorneys will somehow find small print to defend them from accomplishing.  Shame on ACER is all I can say, after making such a beautiful, stylish and sophisticated piece of modern technology.
As may of us will be disappointed with this NITRO 7, I would be surprised if ACER has not lost a previously large and loyal fan base.