Acer Aspire E1-572P WiFi Turned Off: The laptop doesn't have a a switch to enable/disable wifi.

Dirkwearswhitesox
Dirkwearswhitesox Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 24 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I've had a persistent problem on an Acer Aspire E1-572P regarding the WiFi; it is constantly showing as Turned Off. I can usually fix this applying various changes but currently none are resolving the issue:

The laptop doesn't have a a switch to enable/disable wifi; it is definitely on and isn't in airplane mode.

The network adapter (Qualcomm Atheros AR956x) is enabled, it has been uninstalled/installed again.

Power Management tick has been removed from the Advanced options.

WLAN AutoConfig is running; this has been stopped/started.

Also, tried removing the battery.

I have tried other fixes but the above usually works; any assistance to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    @Dirkwearswhitesox

I suggest you to run Network adaptor troubleshooter and check if it works:

• Click on Start and enter troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Tap or click Troubleshooting.
    • Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sticks
    Sticks Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited June 2020
    Just purchased an Aspire 5, and had the same issue right out of the box.  Called the tech line twice, and they could not figure it out.  While I was on hold during the second call, gentleman was "researching" the issue, I started an investigation on my own.  Went to device manager, and clicked my way to the properties panel for the Atheros wifi.  There is a tab called Power Management.  Click on that, uncheck the box where it gives to computer to shut it off to save power.  Did that, and all is well so far.
  • RichardBursch
    RichardBursch Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am suffering the same issue today, it appears the WIFI and Bluetooth are off, the FN-F3 keystroke does not have any affect.  When running troubleshooter, no affect either.  Device manager says devices working properly, but can not connect to any WIFI, I can't even get a listing of available APs nor can I connect any BT devices.  (Acer PB71305, Windows 10)
  • newguest
    newguest Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just got similar symptoms on an Acer Aspire E1-731 today, including the Wi-Fi led ( orange one ) turned off, located close to the blue ones for power and HDD which were on/flickering.

After browsing a few websites here's how I solved my issue :
    • Shutdown the laptop and start up, press F2 to enter BIOS
    •  Once in the BIOS press F9 to go back to BIOS default settings
    •  Press F10 to save and exit from BIOS
    When the laptop started up after exiting the BIOS the orange led was on and the Wi-Fi was functional

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

What Wi-Fi card is installed in your Aspire E1-771G laptop, as this laptop came oem from Acer with the LITEON/WCBN612AH-AA type Wi-Fi card only, that card could be faulty and needs replacing with a new card or even a new Wi-Fi/BT card that this laptop will work with. Acer does not have any support for the WLAN card for this laptop so you will need to go to the manufacturer to get the appropriate windows Wi-Fi/BT drivers.

Note: you can upgrade the Aspire E1-771G laptops oem Wi-Fi card to a dual Wi-Fi/BT card from the V3-571G 3rd Gen cpu laptop as they are the same and you can get the Wi-Fi/BT drivers from the V3-751G Acer support page. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,065 Trailblazer

Most of these Wi-Fi disconnect issues are caused by high latency (packets drop-low bandwidth) of the internet link, complain to your ISP/service company. Resetting the router also helps, checking the link with a mobile phone is meaningless as most of these gadgets work with 6-G, cellular. Connecting another laptop to the router with W-Fi will indicate if the problem is with your laptop.